Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Adelphos
Adept I

5950x with 8 Cores Active Only! Can't Activate All Cores

Hello AMD Community!

I've recently noticed that my 5950x has been running with only 8 cores rather than the 16 cores. I initially noticed in the CPUID Monitor but I thought it was a bug. After that I unformed a friend and he confirmed that no, my 5950x is running with half cores.

I've already checked my bios but I don't have an option to activate 8 + 8.  I have uploaded screen shots in the link below:

https://imgur.com/a/fZ020kO

Any advice, help, suggestion would be deeply appreciated.

MEanwhile I've already contacted my reseller, just in case I need to send the CPU back.

Thank you all for your support.

Regards,

Adel

0 Likes
1 Solution

kurdtnz, after your message I played a bit with ryzen master - somehow even in game mode default, only 8 cores were eneabled. I then wend to creator mode default and now the 16 cores are back! Ryzen Master, what a pain. Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kurdtnz
Adept III

Do you have Ryzen Master installed? I remember reading somewhere once that if you have 'game mode enabled,' it only uses half the cores?

0 Likes

I had it installed and with game mode enable - I switched it back to default - but still, it shows only 8 cores. 

0 Likes

kurdtnz, after your message I played a bit with ryzen master - somehow even in game mode default, only 8 cores were eneabled. I then wend to creator mode default and now the 16 cores are back! Ryzen Master, what a pain. Thank you!

no problem, glad you have it fixed! 

0 Likes