cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

exumerlol
Adept I

5950x random crashes w/x570 mobo and xmp

System worked with a 3800x without issue, updated bios and chipset and added 5950x and tada now it dies randomly. Tons of errors even at idle. Help!!!!

I'm starting to think its not a BIOS problem now that I see so many having the same issues, I dont want to believe the CPUs themselves are busted either, anyone else having similar issues here? Anyone solve it without needing to manually adjust all ram timings?

I am running:
x570 Gigabyte aorus pro wifi rev 1.2
32GB(4x8GB) XPG D60G ram rated for 3600
NZXT X72 AIO
Gigabyte Aorus 3080 Extreme
3 additional fans(excluding the 3 of the AIO) 
1TB m.2 WD blue NVME
850w Gold Thermaltake PSU

Error Message:

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Unknown Error Source
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

Things I've Tried:

• OCCT test with the following:
  • No errors with XMP profile off. 2600~ or something else low like that.
  • No errors with 2nd XMP profile. this one is 3200, lower latencies.
  • Errors with XMP profile 1 which is 3600.
  • Errors with XMP profile 2 @ 3600
  • Errors with XMP Profile 1 voltage increased to 1.5 from 1.35

profile 1 is the best, had no issues before. Seeing tons of people having similar issues on the MSI, Gigabte, reddit, and random overclocking forums. Starting to think all the XMP profiles need revising, or something is up with the fclock like some have alluded(some say you are forced to stay under 1600 to avoid crashes)

0 Likes
1 Solution
exumerlol
Adept I

Now working properly. Gigabyte released a new BIOS update. I'm now good to go.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
simaem
Adept I

Hey Man, looks a bit like my issue here => https://community.amd.com/t5/processors/random-reboots-using-3600-amd-ryzen/m-p/424285#M34238

I was hoping buying 5950x will fix it tho but I have no hopes now, let me know if you find any solution.

Thanks

0 Likes

Well i have a asus b550e and a 5900x and since launch its just being a nightmare. i get reboots 3+ times a day, no matter what settings and what bios. Full stock, no oc, no xmp, no pbo, no core performance boost, and still rebooting... ram is fine (managed to test 3 times to 2000%).

0 Likes
exumerlol
Adept I

Now working properly. Gigabyte released a new BIOS update. I'm now good to go.

Dude I have the same issue, already installed the new bios, tried it out and keeps crashing... FeelsBadMan.

Any sort of OC on the chip and crashes with xmp. Running Ram at 2133 mhz can actually all core boost to 4.6 ghz. So either OC the cpu or OC the DDR4... performance is low in both cases

0 Likes

i went onto  31J on my gigabyte mobo. I'm sure a patch is around the corner for your board as well.

0 Likes

Glad to hear that the Gigabyte BIOS update resolved your issue. 

0 Likes