Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dawildqc
Journeyman III

5950x low performance overall

Hello,

I just got my new rig today and I'm looking forward optimizing it.  I tested some benchmarks to compare with others results and I found that my PassMark score is low. Do you have any ideas how can I optimize it ? What Is the best bios settings for this CPU without massive OC? only settings I got in bios is XMP activated for my 3600mhz Ram. The physics score is very low (some folks get 2k without OC)

My thermal are OK. Full Load i don't go hotter than 77C

Here is my rig config

5950x processor

Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Kingston HyperX Ram 16GBx2 RAM (CL18)

Nvidia RTX 3080 Founder Edition

dawildqc_0-1619806180574.png

Thanks you!

0 Likes
13 Replies
Xorlosh
Adept II

It's a little low but not horrible. Avg is around 46100

What is your memory configuration? 3200 cl18 or 3600 cl18?

0 Likes

What is worrying me is the PHYSICS Score. That's weirdly low.

My Ram is 3600mhz CL18

0 Likes

Ok, i did some compare results for you and further discussion.
Is your Physics Score always that low? Tried to rerun it?

System is completly stock without PBO or so, just with optimized RAM Timings (moderate)

5950X (Small AIO [Eisbaer Extreme])
2 x 16 GB (3200 CL14-14-14-28-42-307-1T)

Pass1.JPGPass2.JPGPass3.JPG

0 Likes

I just rerun it and its still in the 1300 marks...

0 Likes

Your Prime and Physics score seems to be a little very low, all other results are ok. I have to say, i have no idea atm whats causing this. Maybe have a try with 3200 Cl14, but i don't think that's the problem. In general Ryzen works fine with 3600 Ram. Hope someone has an idea whats going on, sorry man.

0 Likes
wim-bart
Elite

Performance is based on so many factors. Like Memory speed l, 3200CL14 is good but 3600 makes internals of CPU run at 1800 with a 1:1 ratio. Also take in account what the load line calibration settings are, are they stock on level 1/100%/200/Optimal or are they at llc 4/110%/300/Extreme or even 4/120%/400/Extreme?

Then you have to see what PPT, PDC, EDC values are. Are they stock or are they optimized. Use HWInfo64 to see if they get at 100%, Probably yes and that causes the CPU to limit, adjust the values in Bios or Ryzen Master until they are not on 100% (entering values like 999 on every value does not work on Ryzen 5000 series) The best boost you get when values are just a couple of Watts/Amps above the 100% limit. Test and tune. Test and tune. And find the sweetdpot for the settings.

Please note, this are just standard easy tune actions, you can go even further, but that takes a lot of time. And like all things, it is how far you will go. 

0 Likes

I did what you recommanded, changed some power settings.

i get better overall results but the physics score is still bad. In Razen Master, the EDC goes up to 100% of 200A..., is that a problem?

dawildqc_0-1619837733925.png

dawildqc_1-1619834193168.png

0 Likes

Can you try factory reset BIOS without any changes (no XMP, nothing)? Some point we can start with

0 Likes

I did earlier with some benchmark, result was the same.

Is there any other CPU Physics benchmark we can compare? Maybe for some reason this one doesnt work at all...

Thanks

0 Likes

Time Spy Extreme CPU Score

3dmark.JPG

FluidMark User Preset

fluid.JPG

0 Likes

my result in Geeks3d is similar... actually i get 1fps more lol

For the TimeSpy, i dont have the extreme one... so i run the normal free version and i get this result

dawildqc_0-1619876032114.png

0 Likes

At least, if everythings work fine, just ignore the low Score in this single Benchmark. Maybe just a problem with any combination of Firmware, Software, Hardware, whatever.

0 Likes

Yes EDC at 100% with that board is an issue. It will never go faster and the board is capable of going faster because it has a good VRM setup. It is Set some nice values in the BIOS for EDC, PPT and TDC to increase the performance. 

Take a look at this article. https://albertherd.com/2021/01/16/overclocking-your-zen-3-ryzen-5000-with-precision-boost-overdrive-...

0 Likes