cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dacreations
Journeyman III

5950x asrock x570 ITX/tb3 stress test fail

I've recently got fortunate and obtained 5950x so decided to replace my 10850k but been having a bit of BIOS setting issues to hoping to get some advice or suggestions.

The hardware in question

R9 5950x
Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 (unfortunatelyy workflow requires thunderbolt so this is the only board available to me)
G.SKILL TridentZ 3200MHZ cas 14-14-14-34 (model F4-3200C14D-32GT)

The situation:

When I run with mobo default ram settings (2133mhz cl15) and SoC/Uncore OC mode disabled the computer has 0 issues, and passes all stress tests with flying colors (specifically AIDA64 CPU cache and system memory tests as well as prime95)

The issues begin when I turn on xmp profile and the motherboard force enabled SoC/Uncore OC mode while the system still passes every other stress test, specifically AIDA64 cache/memory, prime95, memtest crashes.

I've tried adjusting voltages (within safe limits for dram, SoC V core, changed idle levels, even tried PBO settings and hard limit to manufacture defaults), down clocked the memory, but the result is the same.

At this point I am assuming the way asrock board is handling SoC/Uncore OC mode voltages is causing the stress test crashes because it runs perfectly fine when it's off (also requiring XMP to be off).

I'm pulling my hair out at this point.

Any suggestions or pointers that might guide me in the right direction is highly appreciated.

0 Likes
2 Solutions
rabidsmurf
Adept I

Is your RAM listed in the QVL for your motherboard? Shouldn't be an issue but you never know...

What about BIOS updates? 

View solution in original post

Spoiler

Thank you very much for checking in, after a short exchange with Asrock service and further experimentation I have confirmed and fixed the issue.

It looks like it was a combination of ram needing just a bit more voltage (1.38), secondary timing incorrect (pulled data from thaiphoon burner to match), as well as over voltage by SoC/Uncore OC mode default settings (now manually set to 1.05)  As

I had actually confirmed thru G.Skill in advance my particular ram kit was actually tested and listed as QVL with this particular board I had no doubt it would work with the right settings.

All said and done the set up now fully passes all stress tests under extended durations and the issue is no longer!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
rabidsmurf
Adept I

Is your RAM listed in the QVL for your motherboard? Shouldn't be an issue but you never know...

What about BIOS updates? 

Spoiler

Thank you very much for checking in, after a short exchange with Asrock service and further experimentation I have confirmed and fixed the issue.

It looks like it was a combination of ram needing just a bit more voltage (1.38), secondary timing incorrect (pulled data from thaiphoon burner to match), as well as over voltage by SoC/Uncore OC mode default settings (now manually set to 1.05)  As

I had actually confirmed thru G.Skill in advance my particular ram kit was actually tested and listed as QVL with this particular board I had no doubt it would work with the right settings.

All said and done the set up now fully passes all stress tests under extended durations and the issue is no longer!

0 Likes