cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

5950 going out of control in price.

Been looking at the 5950 for the last 3 months.  Went the wrong way with my purchases I guess and now it has bit me in the rear. 

I have a 2700 processor and was running on the B450 board with 64GB of slow 2400mhz memory.  Purchased the Aorus X570 Master, 128GB 3600mhz memory, hell even got a Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2TB NVMe SSD for windows and a second for Unreal projects.

I did this because the 2700 works just fine but can't cope with the number crunching required when my Unreal 5 projects hit 5000+ actors to the point it is painful.  Was watching the 5950 and it fluctuated a few dollars every now and then for almost the entire 3 months I have been watching. 

Now I am ready to buy one and the 800.00 budget I had originally set aside just in case, is more than blown on a processor and I haven't even paid shipping or taxes.

What the hell happened to make the 5950 almost double in price in the last week and is there any relief coming?  I am fortunate that I can wait but really?  What is wrong?  Is it shipping, supply drying up or just plain old fashioned price gouging going on before the next die format comes out?  This processor has been out a while and should be trending down so what gives?  Would really like to get AMD's take on this.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

Not sure where you are,but here in Canada it's dropped a lot. Now $699 CDN

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/MX00114450

0 Likes

Everywhere I looked it was 520-560 US starting around Feb.  Now its 699-900 US depending upon where you look, and it happened in 2 weeks all of a sudden.  699 Canadian is 536.83 US Dollars so I'm going to have to order from there because US prices went nuts!

0 Likes

There are 25+ in stock today at my local Microcenter.  Priced at $569.99.

0 Likes