cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ch
Adept I

5900X "Machine Check Exception" reboot when downloading MS FS..

This is the first time something like this has happened after building my computer 7-months ago.. I bought Microsoft Flight Simulator, but every time I try to download it from the in-game installer the computer suddenly reboots without warning.. Firt 5 times it happened after about 200MB downloaded, then I updated my BIOS and re-installed all graphics and chipset drivers, ran sfc /scannow, etc. and now it gets to just over 1GB before rebooting, and once it got to 11GB..

In Event Viewer, it gives the following error every time:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

0 Likes
1 Solution

Was finally able to download all 133 GB without it rebooting. I experimented at first and lowered the CPU load to 30-40%, and it rebooted, losing my progress at 17 GB. Then I kept it at 50-60% load and it finished without problems.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
ch
Adept I

After reading other threads with a similar issue, I put a 60% load on the CPU before starting the download, and so far it has reached 15GB for the first time.. Looks like this is the answer. Will update if it finished the 130GB download..

0 Likes

Was finally able to download all 133 GB without it rebooting. I experimented at first and lowered the CPU load to 30-40%, and it rebooted, losing my progress at 17 GB. Then I kept it at 50-60% load and it finished without problems.

0 Likes