cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

adauphin
Adept I

5900X price hike?

Just curious if AMD has increased the price of the 5900X? I've been following the local suppliers and they get them in stock every now and then.

Price has been steady at $549 as well as the 5600X at $299.99.

I just checked my local Microcenter and the current price of the 5900X is $699.99 with a good stock on hand. Price of the 5600X jumped about $50.

I've seen some resellers jack the price of these processors but not MC, honestly I'm surprised.

Sorry if this is a dupe thread but I searched.

Just curious if this is AMD's pricing or MC.

0 Likes
5 Replies
xmadmike
Adept III

Retailers put the price they wants, AMD has MSRPs
sometimes, you may find cpus at retailers cheaper than MSRP, because they got a lot in stock and can't sell them above or at MSRP (it's the case for the 5800X at some retailers right now)

0 Likes

Thank you for the reply.

I'm disappointed in MC for their price hike, no chance I'm spending over $700 for a 5900X. They have been very slowly trickling in and prices have remained steady at MSRP. Now there's a good supply and the price went up $150....no thanks.

0 Likes

the demand for 5900X & 5950X(performance) still high, and 5600X is the cheapest, so it's high as well, 5800X fall between both, performance seekers wants more, and still too expensive for people who want a cheap but still valable setup

0 Likes

I would prefer to purchase from AMD directly, maybe I miss the chance but I regularly see AMD out of stock but local retailers seem to have the product.

When will AMD have a supply of 5900X's to be sold on their site?

IMHO, I'll let my 2nd waiting X570 MB sit or sell it before I pay those prices. I don't need to play a game that bad. Hopefully supply will return to a normal level soon.

0 Likes

as long as retailers sells for high price, people will turn to AMD to get the same product at a much cheaper price, and therefore, emptying their stocks quite quickly...

0 Likes