Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Farken
Adept I

5900x FTPM NV corrupted nv structure repeated

every 4 or 5 daysevery 4 or 5 days

So i enabled FTPM for the windows 11 update and this happens every 4 or 5 days, i have re seated the CPU , cooler , ram and gpu. im still on win 10. i have pressed both "N" and "y" ( after i found out i wasn't running bit locker encryption).  is this a defective CPU ?  it was running fine without Ftpm enabled since install.

specs 

5900x 

64gb G Skill 3600 ram 

NVME samsung evo 970 boot 

SSD 860 storage 

NVME crucial 1tb storage  x 2 

windows was a fresh install 

11 Replies
Farken
Adept I

so far gigabytes answer is to disable it.

obviously this is not an answer...

0 Likes

Any Chance you could get a physical TPM 2.0 chip and try? Granted they are a bit spendy at the moment.

What board do you have and could the BIOS be updated?

0 Likes

hi , it s the Aorus master x570 rev 1.2 and its running the latest Bios update.  with the TPM chip i hear you on that , i was looking for one but not selling my lungs for one.  I'm just annoyed this is all brand new Hardware that says it supports its and with the official support they tell me to just disable it.  

0 Likes

You know which OS doesn't require TPM?  Linux.

Yes, I'm serious.

And it's working on this board. I'm going to install Linux on this exact board with the 5900x and play my games on that.

On your board, it sounds like either the fTPM function of the CPU or it's connection to UEFI is broken somehow.

I don't if it's emulated (software), or if there's an actual fTPM built into the CPU. In the former case, a BIOS update could fix it, but given Gigabyte's reply, it sounds like a device on the CPU itself.

Wish AMD would clarify this.

the fTPM on the 5000 series is an ARM chip so it's actual hardware. 

Could be the F34 bios too because I did just recently update that as well from F33

0 Likes

i have received many responses from Gigabyte,  the latest is saying there is a problem with the MOBO and to return it for further checks. but you try returning the MOBO  on an intermittent issue , that will go far.

They will probably say "it didn't happen for us", a few months down the track as no pc place is gonna religiously spend time on a MOBO refund that they probably only made $50.00 on. Thanks for commenting with your issue hopefully yours is sorted out soon. here is hoping for a bios update.  I have been living with just pressing "Y" every few days.

0 Likes

I just turned off fTPM in the bios for now and the system runs fine, contemplating rolling back to F33 bios because I had fTPM on with that bios as well with no issues till i went to F34 for a week, I also had a slightly faster boot time with F33. Also most recent video driver or chipset update broke ryzen master, feel like this is def a bios/software issue that needs resolved. 

did you happen to update your chipset lately? Looking into things the most recent chipset update had "critical security fixes" for the PSP Driver which is what the OS and Bios talk to either way something went out of sync because that error is from some checksum no longer adding up right.

Would love for someone from AMD to weigh in on this... 

0 Likes

in reply to :dphyre

let me know how you go in a week if it came back please. i have had about 8 days with no issue but haven't changed anything lately. my system is on auto update and i check it regularly to confirm this.  I'm hoping it has just updated something and corrected it. " i know wishful thinking " . 

when it happens again i will do your suggested re install . 

PS Thank you for getting back as many don't on these type of forum questions. ( in general not just AMD )

0 Likes

I think i've fixed the problem, so far over half a dozen reboots, full PSU discharges etc still no error as of yet it. 

I used the AMD cleanup utility to remove all amd chipset and video software rebooted in safe mode let the application finish

reinstall newest chipset driver, restart

do full install of amd video driver full reset install 

Restart a couple times for that driver 

Turn TPM back on in bios, get error, click yes Y 

let it reboot a couple more times as it sorts it's self out. 

Problems have seemed to go away. 

0 Likes
dphyre
Adept I

Having this problem with my 5950X and Gigabyte aorus ultra x570 as well, and it just started randomly fTPM was on for while then I updated video drivers for my 5700XT and boom corrupted fTPM 

64GB GSkill Ram 

WD Black SN850 2tb

0 Likes