Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

zukmeister
Adept II

5900x Fatal Hardware Error, random computer restarts

Hello guys

I'm having issues with my freshly built computer. At least several times a week I will login first thing in the morning and find out that my computer crashed and restarted overnight. It seems to happen at random times and normally when the computer is at idle and I'm not using it. I've pulled up the event log and I have quite a few entries with error and critical messages. I'll use a few below that happened last night and this morning

Computer specs

Processor: AMD 5900X (latest chipset drivers)

Processor Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 (max cpu temp observed 75*C under full load)

Motherboard: Asus Tuf X570 Pro (WIFI) - latest official drivers (not beta drivers)

PSU: Seasonic 850W

Ram: 2x16gb Gskill RipJaws 3600mhz (using XMP profile or whatever it's called for amd boards)

Graphics Card: EVGA 3080 Ultra XC3 (latest nvidia drivers)

Storage: 1TB Samsung 980 Pro m.2

Storage 2: 1TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus m.2

minidump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtoFRBEfg96SdL5Kr9EH9_MRx4c?e=OSxLus

Some of the recent errors

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffff91844f402028, 0x00000000fc800800, 0x00000000060c0859). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 55e8d737-9f97-4319-829c-50fc1b200798.

The previous system shutdown at 11:52:17 PM on ‎1/‎21/‎2021 was unexpected.

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation.

A fatal hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core Error Source: Machine Check Exception Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error Processor APIC ID: 26 The details view of this entry contains further information.

A fatal hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core Error Source: Machine Check Exception Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error Processor APIC ID: 0 The details view of this entry contains further information.

I appreciate any help you can provide

Thank you 

0 Likes
1 Reply
zukmeister
Adept II

guy on the microsoft forums posted this in a reply to my thread.  He says that the minidump files are all related to my 5900X.  My CPU is running a XMP profile and I have PBO enabled...  I have a problem with turning both off because I spent money for 3600 ram.  AMD advertises PBO heavily... what's the point if I can't use it? 

I am Dave, an Independent Advisor, I will help you with this . . .

All your minidump files do indicate it is a problem with your AMD Processor that is causing your system crashes, they do not list any specific drivers or software

Do you have an XMP profile set on your RAM in your BIOS, if so, turn that off

If you are overclocking your processor, then stop that

Then wait to see if your system stabilizes

0 Likes