Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

qpierce42
Journeyman III

5900x: Ai Tweaker, AMD Overclocking & AMD CBS

Motherboard: ASUS B450-F Gaming

So I normally use 'ai tweaker' for overclocking ram and the system boots up fine. I noticed in 'amd overclocking' section and 'amd cbs' section that there are options to input ram frequency and timings in those areas as well. I tried testing just leaving 'ai tweaker' on auto and try a ram overclock in just the 'amd overclock' section but for some reason it would not boot into windows. I used the same values that I used in 'ai tweaker' and just copied to 'amd overclocking' so I'm not sure why it wouldn't boot. Only difference in those 2 sections as for ram timings is that the 'amd overclocking' section is displayed in hex values which was converted from decimal.

Also each of those sections have PBO and was wondering which one to use? I noticed the 'amd overclocking' section has the curve optimizer so I was thinking of just using that section for PBO.

Any help would be appreciated in explaining each of those sections of the bios.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Suggest you try asking on overclockers forums, 5900x owners threads (try overclockers.uk or overclock.net).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

Suggest you try asking on overclockers forums, 5900x owners threads (try overclockers.uk or overclock.net).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes