cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Aashishkebab
Adept I

5800x3d stuck at base frequency.

I just installed a Ryzen 7 5800x3d. It is stuck at base frequency of 3.4 GHz.

Is there some BIOS configuration I need to change or something to fix this?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
hitbm47
Forerunner

@Aashishkebab  sometimes when things like this happen to me,

- I ensure that my BIOS is updated to the latest version,

- I reset the BIOS to default,

- If it is still not working, safely power of the PC, switch of the power supply for 20seconds and switch on again,

- Boot into Windows a few times, as Windows also gets confused for 1-2 times after it has configured itself for new hardware.

In addition, make sure you have a motherboard with enough power phases + VRMs for the CPU, as it needs to be able to give enough power to different parts of the CPU.

Hope you get it fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

It was actually a BIOS update that needed to happen. I wish they said these things in the CPU packaging though. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Have you updated BIOS, tried turning off 'cool & quiet' in bios maybe ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

What motherboard/BIOS version are you using? Please make sure you are using the latest BIOS for your motherboard which has support for the 5800X3D.
0 Likes
hitbm47
Forerunner

@Aashishkebab  sometimes when things like this happen to me,

- I ensure that my BIOS is updated to the latest version,

- I reset the BIOS to default,

- If it is still not working, safely power of the PC, switch of the power supply for 20seconds and switch on again,

- Boot into Windows a few times, as Windows also gets confused for 1-2 times after it has configured itself for new hardware.

In addition, make sure you have a motherboard with enough power phases + VRMs for the CPU, as it needs to be able to give enough power to different parts of the CPU.

Hope you get it fixed.

0 Likes

It was actually a BIOS update that needed to happen. I wish they said these things in the CPU packaging though.