Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

_SiN_acai
Journeyman III

Re: 5800x WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Hi guys,

I too was experiencing this error on an Asus Dark Hero VIII and a 5950x. Memory is 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600mhz CL14 memory at 1.45V (Advertised XMP). The problem appears to be linked to a number of voltage settings and automatic power states in the bios. I could not activate the advertised speeds on my memory without constant reboots and BSOD/WHEA errors. My windows was also corrupted about 5 times. At first, I had to turn off CPB  and PBO for my system to allow me to use the DCOP/XMP profile on my memory and become stable. However, I found a way around this allowing me to get the full potential out of my CPU and memory. These are the steps I took to make the system relatively stable after spending 2 days reading forums. This solution has also worked for others:

1. Install latest BIOS for your motherboard, BETA if it is available.
  2. Make sure you have all the latest Windows 10 updates installed.
  3. Download AMD adrenaline which will automatically install all the latest drivers for your CPU/chipset and motherboard that are AMD related. These are almost always more updated than your motherboard vendors' site. I do not recommend using your motherboard vendors automatic updates or the drivers on their page, source them directly from their creator, like Realtek, AMD, etc.
  4. Turn off C-States in your BIOS. When you seem to be doing low demand tasks, not enough power gets to the CPU and the computer encounters an error resulting in BSOD/WHEA.
  5. Leave your window's power profile balanced.
  6. Manually set your XMP/DCOP settings for memory, or activate XMP/DCOP and change any settings from auto to the required setting advertised by the manufacturer.
  7. Change your FCLK frequency from auto to the required setting. Mine is set at 1800Mhz.
  8. Increase your DRAM voltage incrementally till stable, I had to increase my memory from DCOP 1.45V to 1.46V.
  9. Change your SoC voltage to somewhere between 1.1V - 1.2V, increase incrementally. Mine is currently at 1.125V.
  10. CPB and PBO are enabled.

I hope this helps and please pass this on to any motherboard manufacturer/AMD technicians you are currently talking to. Thank you.

xxppx
Journeyman III

Loot at my solution...

60°C max peak in games

75°C max peak with Cinebench/AIDA64

You will lose 5% on single core benchmarks but there is no impact for games (same score with 3Dmark) and, especially your PC won't crash.

0 Likes
_SiN_acai
Journeyman III

Definitely appears the voltage settings in the vendor's BIOS updates are stuffed and that's why the 'auto' settings keep crashing computers. Hopefully, in a few more months they will have the earlier adopter errors smoothed out.

TheWildmongoose
Adept I

It took a couple of weeks but AMD did come through with a replacement.  Everything works fine now

0 Likes
cleciusjm
Journeyman III

I've this problem too, with a 5800x and a B550m TUF gaming.

In stress tests everything is ok, but on gaming i get a BSOD with 

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)

is it CPU fail? In this case RMA is the solution?

0 Likes
walton00
Adept I

Hi 

Have temporary fix, by going to BIOS and changing the override CPU Voltage to 1.25v. I also disabled PBO.

but is there a final solution? by the brand

0 Likes