Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

TO0OT
Journeyman III

5800x, shall i be worry?

hey guys !

Just installed the 5800x and done some R23 test and I feel the temps and voltages are kinda high.
I'm not familiar with these new cpu's. I'm running them on stock settings and only enabled xmp. system is stable and reliable. 
can any one help me pls. to understand what's going on and is it safe running the system 24/7 ?

any  comments? thoughts? would be appreciated

multi core

MC23.PNG

single core 

SC23.PNG

0 Likes
3 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

0 Likes
mackbolan777
Forerunner

First @Earnhardt is right , you need to put all your system specs in for an honest opinion, especially when you're asking about a potential heat/voltage issue.

The short answer is your fine. Temps are well within range, voltage looks good and you say the PC is stable.

If you're air cooled, I recommend an AIO, something like a Corsair H110i, now it's the 115i X 280mm. If space is tight or you want to save ~$40 the H100i is fine. Typically the 2 x 140mm AIO coolers are best overall and take up the least space. There's other brands, possibly cheaper, however, I never had a Corsair fail or leak and I like the 5 year warranty. The AIO allows more headroom if you plan to OC or if you want less fan noise. Otherwise, under full load max temp was ~77c, fine for everyday use. You won't be a steady 77c anyway or for long.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes
Menarini
Adept I

Haha you are lucky I had 91 in Prime95 OCCT