I'm not entirely sure why my last post was marked as spam, but I'll explain my situation briefly.
Last Tuesday, I filed a warranty claim with AMD for my Ryzen 7 5800X, because one of the cores was defective and causing graphic artifacting on multithread applications. I haven't received a response yet, and while I suspect the Thanksgiving holiday has created a backlog of warranty requests, I'd like to know the status of the case I opened last week, as it has been six days now.
My ticket number is 8201026843.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Alright, so here's my last update:
I got my replacement 5800X in the mail today, and FedEx delivered it very quickly—true to @tatane's word indeed. It works and I can finally not worry about having just seven cores!
Thank you to all those who responded to this thread. This case is closed.
@amdmatt may be able to check that for you.
If you don't hear back in another day or two. Just start the RMA process request over again.
With the Holiday and Covid yah I'm sure it's all running slow but tomorrow is a whole week so like I said give em till Wed maybe.
Certainly! COVID-19 has slowed everything down and it's quite unfortunate, but well, what else can we do? Thanks for the answer. I'll wait until Wednesday and then follow up on this thread.
Hopefully @amdmatt's able to check on my ticket before then!
It took them 5 days to respond to my RMA initation and another 2 weeks to finally approve the RMA.
Once they respond, they will ask you to provide lots of information and photos.
AMD just got back to me today—indeed @mrsense, they've asked for plenty of information, but to be honest? The more they can work with, the better, and I've documented enough evidence to hopefully warrant an RMA.
Now I wait until they get back.
Hi again—I hate to be a bother, but it's been about a week since AMD got back to me and I replied to their technical questionnaire with diagnostic information and evidence for my RMA request.
Should I wait a little longer, ping a community manager, or open up a new ticket referencing my current one?
Email them again.
I shipped the defective cpu to Florida a week ago. I just got the final approval of RMA email. They will ship out a replacement cpu to me shortly.
I think they are getting swamped and it's just long turn around. I put in an RMA request on Dec 1st and have not heard back yet.
I wonder what an acceptable turn around in the industry is.
That they're getting swamped right now—I figured as much. Worst comes to worst, I'll just open an RMA ticket again on Thursday, referencing my original ticket number if I have not heard back in time.