Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Jaaku
Adept I

5800x overheating in BIOS

Just built a new PC, specs:

ASUS ROG Strix X570-I - Ryzen 7 5800x - Rtx 3080 - Corsair aio H115i - NR200p case

I know the 5800 runs a little hot, but I can't even run BIOS for 3 mins before it shuts off from overheating. I have my aio side mounted as it was the only way I could fit it. I have arranged the cables so there's airflow. I've reseated and reapplied paste on the aio block but Temps are still shooting up to 95c while in bios. I haven't even made it to installing windows yet. BIOS does read pump rpm so I feel my aio is working, so I am at loss of what to do. Any ideas would be appreciated. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

I solved my issue, aio side mounted still, but Temps in BIOS are a steady 34-37c for 20 minutes now.

I guess moving my pc from the area I built to my office and the way I had my commander core for the AIO mounted, the 24pin cable had wiggled out just enough to appear to work but actually wasn't. Once I pushed it all the way back in and powered pc on, all is good. Feel dumb for not checking it, but glad it wasn't something serious,  thanks for the assistance while I fixed my own mistake, haha.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Are your AIO tubes above your cpu height?

The tubes inlet/outlet on the Radiator need to be above the cpu to stop air bubbles sitting in the pump.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

I'd say they are about the same height. The tubes also go down, then up again before making it to the cpu. Here's a picture.

20220917_102640.jpg

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

So the pipes are at the bottom, they need to be above the CPU.

Top view of case, can you hear anything from the pump, like bubbles or rattling..

Have you got intake/outlet fans?

Looks quite tight in there..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes

This is looking top down. I have 2 fans mounted on the top of the case when the lid is on. I've swapped them as in and outlet and there was no change.

I did a couple runs with the aio "mounted" on top just now and same thing, temperature slowly rose to 95c before i turned it off. Swapped the orientation of where the tubes come down incase that made a difference. 

0 Likes

I solved my issue, aio side mounted still, but Temps in BIOS are a steady 34-37c for 20 minutes now.

I guess moving my pc from the area I built to my office and the way I had my commander core for the AIO mounted, the 24pin cable had wiggled out just enough to appear to work but actually wasn't. Once I pushed it all the way back in and powered pc on, all is good. Feel dumb for not checking it, but glad it wasn't something serious,  thanks for the assistance while I fixed my own mistake, haha.

That’s cool you found the solution. I just bought a Ryzen 7 5800x and have been reading about some motherboards needing a BIOS update. I am looking for a motherboard that is compatible right out of the box. Anyone have a good recommendation or reading? 

0 Likes