5800x gets stuck mid restart

AMD R7 5800x

Gigabyte Aorus Elite Wifi x570

32 GB Corsair Vengeance 32oo Mhz DDR4

Thermaltake 1200 Watt PSU

RTX 2080 ti

Samsung 970 pro evo 2tb Nvme m.2

Windows 10 pro

Ok, so my pc will not finish the restart.  It always gets stuck halfway.  As in it goes through the shut down process but gets stuck right before flipping over to the start up.  The screen goes black and loses connection (monitor will time out and turn off), The mouse and keyboard SOMETIMES keep their power, but they don't do anything.  I simply have to hold the power button until the PC shuts off and then start from scratch. 

Bios is updated to the latest "j" which was released 4 days ago.  Drivers have all been installed (weirdly the system becomes more unstable with driver updates, and will sometime blue screen with no error code other than a sorry message).  And I mean all drivers for everything. Monitors, keyboard and mouse, headset, hard drive, EVERYTHING. I have done a clean install of windows as in I deleted the drive and then reinstalled from scratch.

I have ran Windows repair, and windows start up repair, and all of those kinds of things too.

So, how do I make this go away? lol

0 Likes
6 Replies
mrsense
Adept II

It's the bios issue.  Every since they enabled SAM, people are having all kinds of issues.  Flash back to the bios before enabling SAM.  I believe it's F31d

I have the 5800x CPU don't I need one of the current bios to make the CPU work?

Yes, you need the current bios, but not the latest one.  Avoid the bios with SAM enabled.

URV05
Journeyman III

Try disabling core performance boost from the bios cpu settings.

I have a similar problem on a b550m aorus pro and this was the only setting that made my system stable, with the downside that it comes with.

Other users have reported that disabling ram XMP setting worked from them.

I've opened a ticket to Gigabyte support to check when they will have a proper solution to this.

Keep me posted, and thanks for the reply!

0 Likes

I wish I had an answer but likely this will need a bios update to fix. 

You should talk to the support department of your motherboard about the problem. 

Maybe they will have a beta bios they can offer not posted yet. 

0 Likes