Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Damgot
Journeyman III

5800x : get error after turning on ftpm option for windows 11

Hello,

I've turned on the "ftpm" option in my bios to be able to run windows 11 when it will be available. 

Then, when I've rebooted my computer I got this error in bios : 

New CPU installed, fTPM NV corrupted or fTPM NV structure changed

Press Y to reset fTPM, if you have bitlocker or encryption enabled, the system will not boot without a recovery key.

Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot...

I was a little afraid about this error so I've pressed N, and I was able to use my computer as usual. But when I reboot, I got this error again and again, so I went to my bios then disabled fTPM.

Now I can boot without any error message.

But, is it normal to get such a message when turning on fTPM for the first time ? Do I need to press "Y" instead of "N" ?

Thanks for your help.

Damgot

0 Likes
3 Replies
Nagrenol
Challenger

Honestly no idea, but just keep it off. Honestly you really don't want to install windows 11 for at least a year after release anywho. Gona be a TON of bugs etc, well there'll always be.. but even more so at the start.

Thanks for your answer.

I totally agree with you. But I'm a software developer and I will need to upgrade to win 11 quickly for my work

But I don't have any utility of TPM. Maybe Microsoft will remove this point of their minimum requirements due to the number of people who don't have this feature available or enabled on their computer

i try enable it and it just show nothing on my site.... a tpm hardware is loaded and install in device manager...

0 Likes