Journeyman III

5800x crashing in star citizen

5800x crashing in star citizen, system specs are

ryzen 7 5800x

Rtx 3070

asrock b450 pro 4 on bios 5.0

32 gigs of corsair vengence LPX 3200 ram

650 watt corsair psu

encountered these issue on two seperate 5800x processors both with whea bus interconnect errors

0 Likes
4 Replies
ThreeDee
Paragon

I had similar issues on my wife's lesser system 

At the time it was a 3700x with 2 x 16GB 3200 on an ASRock B550m Phantom Gaming 4 ..an RX 550 2GB GPU, all being powered by a Thermaltake 500w 80 Plus White PSU

I switched to a Segotep (Big in China) 600wtt 80+ Gold PSU and errors went away

I don't know which 650wtt Corsair PSU you are running or how old it is .. but you might want to consider going to a 750wtt 80+ Gold rated PSU from a reputable brand to adequately power your setup .. check reviews from multiple sources before purchasing any hardware

And .. be sure to run separate power cables to each power input on your RTX 3070
One video on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL7KIVI_hJg 

Be sure to install the latest AM4 Chipset drivers from AMD.com

Make sure your Windows install is up to date

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

I was able to fix the issue by updating to a beta bios with a more recent agesa version, haven’t had any issues since then knock on wood!

0 Likes
JamesHimmerla
Journeyman III

If the machine is rebooting, that's often a sign of insufficient power supply (system is drawing more power than the PSU can deliver, tripping the internal safety). A secondary consideration could be a component overheating - but that usually leads to freezing / lockups, rather than instant reboot. You should add up the max power draw for the GPU and CPU, and check that the total is less than 80% of your PSUs rated power (drawing more than 80% 'works', but many PSUs start to drift out of spec as you approach 100%)... SC isn't yet optimised, and is still in active development. This means that it can and will put far more stress on your hardware than other games / applications would. As such, even if your PSU is underpowered for the rest of the hardware, it may not have been an issue until now due to other games not making full use of your hardware.

0 Likes
DAVE9151982
Journeyman III

Fixed mine by replacing AMD with NVIDIA just now. Submitted frequent crash reports and never got a response for none of them and figured they just don't care, and that all that was important to them is I bought a card from them.