cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Danoniero
Adept I

5800x constant boosting.

My CPU is in constant boost mode, rising idle power consumption and temps. I tried disabling every background app but simple browser opening will boost the CPU to 4.7 and keep it at that.

I have x570 tomahawk board with latest bios, haven't changed any bios settings, updated every drivers including and chipset.

No problems whatsoever with temps while gaming, never goes above 61c. I just want to fix this boosting issue as it seems like it's not very energy efficient, also the fans keep ramping up because of this. 

6 Replies
Danoniero
Adept I

Bump

0 Likes

Is this a different issue to the one with corsair icue, and are you using the windows balanced power plan.

And on another forum you mention task mngr open/closed affects the idle/boost.

Perhaps a bios setting needs changing ?, maybe also asking on an overclockers forum may yield some info while your waiting for someone with more knowledge to offer suggestions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Thank you for your reply, I actually solved the issue yesterday. Looks like I had bitcoin miner in my system, had to use reset this pc option. CPU is now properly idling when there is no load and temps are within 30c range

0 Likes

If I may, do you happen to have Warzone, an RTX 2080 TI/3070 and a 1440/144hz monitor?

I have the same mobo and I'm getting much less performance with my 5800x than I did with a 3800x.

0 Likes

A bitcoin miner?  How did your system contract it?  How did you find the miner?

0 Likes

I do not know how I got it but surely it must have been pre upgrade since the only old bits from my rig were hard drives.

I found it by running malwarebytes on my system but got rid of it only by resetting this pc option

0 Likes