cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hippoaquarium
Journeyman III

5600x

Hello i built new pc using 5600x and FERA 5 cooler. are the temps during load 65+ and when stresstesting 72 °C MAX normal? Idle is 40°C Ambient is around 20 °C

1 Solution

That Fera 5 is a strong CPU Cooler (TDP rated 220 watts) and it is doing its job of keeping your 5600x processor from getting too hot or overheating.

The 5600X has a Maximum Operating Temperature of 95c so under heavy loads or Stress it only reached 72c Maximum that is very good temperatures. As long as temperatures doesn't reach 95c you are fine. But if you noticed that it is running hotter on average like going over 85c I would check to see if the CPU Cooler needs to be cleaned or the air circulation has gotten bad for some reason.

The 5600X is rated at a TDP or 65 Watts so your CPU Cooler should have no problems in keeping your processor running cool.

Also as for those light loads or idle temperatures you might have a lot of background programs running that can make the processor run warmer than normal in those types of situations.

But if idle is 40c it is very good for your CPU Cooler.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

That Fera 5 is a strong CPU Cooler (TDP rated 220 watts) and it is doing its job of keeping your 5600x processor from getting too hot or overheating.

The 5600X has a Maximum Operating Temperature of 95c so under heavy loads or Stress it only reached 72c Maximum that is very good temperatures. As long as temperatures doesn't reach 95c you are fine. But if you noticed that it is running hotter on average like going over 85c I would check to see if the CPU Cooler needs to be cleaned or the air circulation has gotten bad for some reason.

The 5600X is rated at a TDP or 65 Watts so your CPU Cooler should have no problems in keeping your processor running cool.

Also as for those light loads or idle temperatures you might have a lot of background programs running that can make the processor run warmer than normal in those types of situations.

But if idle is 40c it is very good for your CPU Cooler.

0 Likes

Awesome thanks. Honestly i did repasting with previous Fera 3 i thought its enough well it was not it was around 75°C at peak. So i came with FEra 5 did remounting 5 times because it had 5 in the name haha joking and everytime completly different results with how the tempretures raised or lowered its pretty wierd well i run of my 2 tubes of thermal paste so now i think i can live with how it is. Anyway i used FERA 5 with dual fans setup the results were way worse with 2 fans that suprised me probably one of them might be faulty.