Did you mean: 

Processors

nicfuller1
Journeyman III

5600x upgrade, graphic issues

Existing build.

MSI Meg x570 Ace

FE 2070 Super

Swapping from 3800x to 5600x, as well as installed a new ssd. Updated BIOS to 7C35v1D6(Beta version)(ComboAM4PIV2 1.2.0.0) On new windows installation, it won't let me install graphics drivers. NVIDIA installer just dissappears a few seconds after it starts up. Tried DDU and changing order of GeForce experience first/ standalone driver first. Tried running installer from various different folder locations C: , ProgramFiles, ProgramData, Users. Tried reseating GPU and downgrading BIOS to 7C35v1C (ComboAm4v2PI 1.1.0.0 Patch C). No luck.

Put old ssd back in, with windows install that was working fine on 3800x. Getting graphics artifacting/ crashing. Was able to update driver to most recent, it was a few weeks old. Still issues. Tried both D and C bioses. 7C35v1B wouldnt post.

Is there something simple im missing? What would you guys recommend. If i cant think of anything else i'm gonna put 3800x back in tomorrow and just return this. Not worth the headache.

0 Likes
1 Reply

@nicfuller1 

remover the NVIDIA drivers with DDU and try to install it again 

never update your bios to beta one .. you might not be able to  fix it now. some MSI board won't let you to put the bios back in normal

try to put bios back to 7C35v1C test see if it is work with your CPU you do not need that 7C35v1D6(Beta version) for 5600x that is for RX 6000 video cards series  i cant see anything about your video card that you have to have 7C35v1D6 just try the the bios before that. 

0 Likes