cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

PCfanatic
Adept I

5600x two BSoD into infinite Boot loop

Hi so this morning i woke up, put the pc on all is fine i log into windows and BSoD Kernel security check failure, system reboots windows log in instant BSoD another kernel error (forgot the name), into an infinite boot loop, no display, no bios accessible. I did all the trouble shooting possible removed all the hardware reseated it with known working parts, ran it on barebones still nothing, no beeps either. Did my CPU just die? it was working fine yesterday while playing New World on high 144fps, the usage was over 50% on both cpu/gpu but everything was fine how did it just die this morning?

Specs:

Asrock b450 mobo

Ryzen 5 5600x 

Gskill 32GB f4-3600mhz CL 18 ram

850w super flower silver modular PSU

6700xt GPU

So from working fine to 2 BSoD into infinte boot loop and bios unreachable, safe to say its the CPU/Mobo? all the other components have been tested in a working rig i dont own another AMD cpu to test on this mobo sadly.

Any help/advice would appreciated currently stumped.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Have you tried using a bootable USB to repair possible OS, bootrec corruption ?.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

Hi thanks for the advice i tried everything, funny enough my SSD and 1 ram Stick died and once i replaced those the PC worked fine, seems it was never the CPU to begin with (thank goodness), appreciate all the help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Could be the CPU. Did you try clearing CMOS on the motherboard?
0 Likes

Ah yes i forgot to mention that, i cleared it but same result

reset bios to stock settings, if still reboot - rma cpu.

0 Likes

Have you tried using a bootable USB to repair possible OS, bootrec corruption ?.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Hi thanks for the advice i tried everything, funny enough my SSD and 1 ram Stick died and once i replaced those the PC worked fine, seems it was never the CPU to begin with (thank goodness), appreciate all the help!

0 Likes