Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Rumani
Journeyman III

5600x suck on 4.6ghz NO OC

Hi

so my 5600x is suck at 4.6ghz at performance power setting. On balanced it runs between 4.3 and 4.6ghz (all of this is on idle) i have not OC’ed and dont want to OC. My friend has the same cpu and same settings but is running at base clock speeds (3.7ghz) 

my build is an Asus b450 f gaming 

16gb 3600mhz 

1060 6gb gcard

how do i downclock my cpu?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Use Ryzen master or HWinfo64 to check clockspeeds, not task manager. Windows doesn't understand when Ryzen cores go into sleep and thinks it's still running at full speed. If you're already using ryzen master, you have a real problem though.

Looking right now on my computer, task manager thinks my CPU is running at 4.27Ghz but Ryzen Master correctly knows it's largely idle and peak speed is 728Mhz.

Hopefully Microsoft fixes this sooner or later. Zen CPUs are increasingly popular these days.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Change 'windows power plan' to balanced ?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I have, on balanced it runs 4.1-4.6 (does not go below 4.0) 

Power saving is 1.7 

0 Likes

why you dont want your CPU to use BOOST (which is stock settings)

btw - show us pictures of your BIOS in CPU tab

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
Thanny
Miniboss

Clock speeds change very rapidly, so it may just be you're misinterpreting whatever monitor software you're using is saying.

The processor isn't running at 4GHz plus at idle.  If it's clocking up those speeds, it's doing something, though it may be only for a short duration.

0 Likes

Use Ryzen master or HWinfo64 to check clockspeeds, not task manager. Windows doesn't understand when Ryzen cores go into sleep and thinks it's still running at full speed. If you're already using ryzen master, you have a real problem though.

Looking right now on my computer, task manager thinks my CPU is running at 4.27Ghz but Ryzen Master correctly knows it's largely idle and peak speed is 728Mhz.

Hopefully Microsoft fixes this sooner or later. Zen CPUs are increasingly popular these days.

Thank you all for the help much appreciated and Ryzen master showed me the correct ghz on performance with a game open it was at 2000ghz (not a demanding game) i havent updated windows which ill do hopefully this update should help. Thank you very much! 

0 Likes

wow, 2000 GHz. can I buy it off you? ill pay anything you want. I will sell organs and limbs for that CPU lmao.

With respect to the previous posters, the task manager is very accurate if your mobo is working correctly. if you go into your balanced power plan and check what the minimum and maximum CPU states are it should be 0 for min and 100% for max. Next in your mobo CPU overclocking setting check it has PBO turned on and ideally set to the "motherboard" or "enabled" setting then it will report clock speeds better and also boost better, turn on XMP for your memory. there is 0 chance of any damage, and the performance uplift and power consumption will be optimum.

0 Likes

Hi There,

I have been researching for days,

My CPU clock speed is constantly at 4.6ghz, I use ryzen master and HWinfo64 and it shows the same

0 Likes

Have you tried to reset your UEFI? If not, try it out... and maybe check your Energy Profile in Windows.

0 Likes