Adept I

5600x Perform Really Well on Multi Core, Below Average on Single Core

System:

5600x

B550-f Rog Strix Gaming Wifi2

16gb b-die 3800 cl16

6800xt TUF OC

850 EVGA GA

*** what could help my single core performance.. I don't care about the multi core as much. But somehow I got good result on that side 

Below is my average results running R23 Cinebench, even on PBO only, my Multi-core can score easily 11.9k, and if I boost it, Prime95 stable and stuffs we name it all, it could hit 12.4k Multi Core when letting all core runs at 4.69-4.7 ghz, and yes it's a very stable and achievable set up.

However, my Single core can only hit 1510-1540 stock to PBO, if I boost it max max, all this chip can give me on Single Core R23 cinebench would be 1590 average.. I don't know why it is like impossible for me to hit 1600 mark single core, while many people online shared their 1570-1590 single core even without really boosting, where I got only 1540 max. I know it is not a huge deal, basically only around 2-3 percent margin that I am chasing here.

So I am here asking question if anyone ever got the same experience and somehow change it?

Because it reflects gaming too, and I'd rather to lose multi core performance while gaining that 2-3% for the single core work.

The MP ratio of my 5600x seemed to be on the higher end here as most people got around 7.4-7.6, when on PBO (or and with minimal boost).

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).pngScreenshot (6).pngScreenshot (3).png

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

CokIezAddict, please post a complete image of Ryzen Master.  You have cut off a lot of the information needed to comment. Also please tell us more about your system. Thanks, john.

0 Likes

System:

5600x

B550-f Rog Strix Gaming Wifi2

16gb b-die 3800 cl16 (DOCP profile 4000mhz) but to get no WHEA error my best was 3933mhz with higher VSOC, so I decided to just run what possibly the max of most reliable and sustainable clock out of thie chip, FCLK 1900

6800xt TUF OC

850 EVGA G5

Here we go John cheers!

Also I provide Timespy Extreme result, which is somewhat impressive on the CPU side when I compared to 5600x that runs at 4650 max, GPU not overclocked (undervolt tho), CPU same identical setting, no boost, PBO and pretty easy CO.

Thanks again!

Screenshot (4).pngScreenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

0 Likes

CokIezAddict, I know nothing about 3DMARK, so cannot comment.

Sorry I see nothing in RM that indicates a problem.  It is clear you are not running Cinebench which might have shown something.  I think it will really be difficult to get the final few points out of Cinebench. Thanks and have fun, John.

Below I uploaded a quick video on how the cores behave, multi vs single.. please let me know if you see anything uncommon or may need changes... 

0 Likes

CokIezAddict, the forum will not allow me to play it.

0 Likes

Lol yeah moderator may need to approve it just in case

0 Likes