Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

papapap123
Adept I

5600x not even reaching 4Ghz

Max boost is 3,85GHz at 100% usage.

PBO enabled,1,2V Voltage.

Ryzen Master is not properly working (not showing cores,speed etc).

Gigabyte B550M DS3H with latest bios (F13a).

Stock Cooler.

Ultimate Performance plan on Windows.

0 Likes
26 Replies
EFermi
Miniboss

Do you have chipset driver installed? Did you configure anything CPU-related in BIOS? How are the temperatures? 

0 Likes

yes I do.

I have PBO enabled.

50 idle,60+ gaming,max 75 stress tests

0 Likes

This is weird. Have you tried manual overclock? Overclock through utilities like ClockTuner? It might help. 

0 Likes

I just downloaded it but I have no idea of how to OC...

0 Likes

F

0 Likes

OK, I'm gonna be a VERY nice person today because I have good mood.

https://www.tomshardware.com/amp/features/how-to-overclock-amd-ryzen-cpus 

Basically, set your multiplier to 43.5, which will result in constant 4350MHz clock. Set CPU core voltage to 1.2V manually (not by offset). Run some tests (CineBench, then LinX, then Prime95 at least). ALWAYS keep temperature measure app like HWInfo open. If T° exceeds 90°C, abort - your cooling cant handle the truth above what you get on auto. This freq should be theoretically stable under given conditions, but if you hang/bsod, it's normal - just get voltage to around 1.23 and/or freq at around 4.2 and re-bench. 

ok I did it.

now it runs at 4,18GHz all the time (and windows task managers says 4,20 is tha base clock)

I run Cinebench R23 and instanlty got 90c so I stoped it.

I know it's just the stock cooler.

Anyway,now I have 4,18 all the time.

Still not working properly...  

0 Likes

To be honest,it sounds like an issue with your power plan. With the new chipset driver, there shouldnt be a 'ultimate performance' plan. Also, there is an issue with Ryzen Master and the 5600X which I believe they are releasing a fix for this month. Did you download the chipset driver from your motherboards support page or from AMD? (i'd use the AMD one.)

0 Likes

I have the latest one from AMD.

Now my base block is 4,30GHz (max clock as well).

my temps obviously went up with this.

0 Likes

In your processer power plan settings, what is your min and max settings set at? (i set mine to min 5% and max 100%)

0 Likes

In settings, go to 'system' then 'power and sleep', then click on 'additional power settings' and it will show you what power plan you are on, choose balanced. then click on 'change plan settings' then click on 'change advanced power settings' and it will give you a little window that says power options. scroll down to where it says 'processer power management' and click on the little + sign. You will see 3 options, click on the 'minimum power state' and see what number it says. Set it to 5%, apply and save and keep maximum at 100%. This may help?

Still getting over 90c at Cinebench R23 (I'm shuting the test down after 1 minute max).

Anyway,I know the stock cooler sucks and it's loud as fck

I just thought that the base clock should be 3,7GHz and when the usage percentage goes up,the CPU would clock higher (4,6GHz without any OC).

I might be wrong.

Right now I am at;

50-55c idle and light usage

70-80c while gaming

90c stress tests (I shut them down almost immediately)

0 Likes

Stock cooler is... well, stock. It's not meant for heavy load or overclocking. Also, when it says "4.6Ghz boost" - it means single core boost under single thread load when other cores are below certain threshold of load and more conditions in small font. I'm running a Thermalright SilverArrow IB-E Extreme rev. B on a 5800X and if I set it higher than 4.5GHz all cores it overheats like a beyatch, so I keep it at a cool and quiet (unless under torture test like LinX or Prime95) 4.35Ghz@1.181V. 

Also, do not trust manufacturer's reported wattage when choosing cooler - the silicon die size of Ryzen CPUs is just too tiny to effectively be cooled - say, SilverArrow is rated at 320W maximum heat dissipation, but it only manages 120-130 watts from the 5800X. Too much heat on too small of a silicon. Rumor has it, liquid cooling may get you extra 200~300MHz all core, but that's it. Even well-known reviewers who wrote articles on 5000 series at launch managed a maximum of 4.6~4.7GHz all core under liquid cooling and borderline unsafe voltages between 1.35~1.37 volts on specially selected press samples they received. 

First off, read this,

amdmatt power plan.PNG

Now change Win. Power plan back to default Balanced.

Remove the Ultimate power plan.

Reset and/or uninstall Ryzen Master if you did not download it from https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

Clear CMOS to get you back to stock bios settings.

And don't have RM open when you test R23 again (monitor with hwinfo64).

Post your temps and clock speeds.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

thanks!

got 10100 in multi,cinebench r23 with stable 80c with the stock cooler (no PBO,all stock settings in bios),is that good?

base clock 3,70GHz with avarage 3,9 while performing the multi r23 test.

0 Likes

Depends on the perspective. Of course, 80°C in just CineBench is nothing to brag about, on the other hand, it won't overheat in daily tasks, so there's that. Naturally, if you want more out of it, you'll have to get better cooling, but then again: are you actually bottlenecked by your CPU performance or do you just want higher numbers in core clock readings and score in benchmarks? 

0 Likes

Average speed is not what your looking for, when R23 is running look at the current clock speed in hwinfo64.

You should see one or more various cores run up higher/nearer to 4.6.

Another quick test is run cpu-z stress with hwinfo64 open looking at current clock speeds (and watch temps).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

no core is reaching more than 4.0 GHz.

Settings are stock and pbo is disabled.

0 Likes

I think you need to post some pics of idle/stress.

So far nothing  you post makes sense.

I held off on saying this. but you have one of the weakest mobo.

No OC for you.

0 Likes

idle:

R23 Multicore:

0 Likes

Now try these bios settings, but your going to need a better cooler if you plan to stay on them.

Tweaker

CPU clock = Auto

Spread Spectrum = Disabled

CPU Ratio mode = All cores

CPU Ratio = Auto (37)

Advanced CPU settings

Core Perf. Boost = Auto

AMD Cool & Quiet = Disabled

Save & exit.

0 Likes

now in multi R23 all cores are a litle bit higher (still not even 4,1) and temps are the same.

0 Likes

Is that the single core run ?

What do you get now with cpu-z stress ?

0 Likes

0 Likes

Sorry, i'm out of ideas.

Maybe try asking on one of the Overclockers forums ?

0 Likes

thanks for your time bro.

I'll see what I can do...

0 Likes