Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Ya
Journeyman III

5600x doesn't POST b550m Aorus pro 4x8Gb 3200mhz

Yep even can't POST with 4x8 gb ram. 

3 latest BIOS one by one (f11g currently) but I can POST and boot only with 2 or 3 sticks and never with all 4. With all 4 it spinning coolers like crazy and no result. Or post but not see in bios 2 modules from 4.

Very strange. That is not what you expect buying new processor.

I waste 4 days, already read almost all the internet and found that there are many people have this trouble with new 5600x.

The same problem with gigabyte, asus and msi motherboards. On msi forum guys have generated already tons of pages.

Different sets of memory, different frequency, different mobo and the same problem.

It looks like something in new CPU memory controller is unfinished and works bad.

What have I do? Return the CPU back?

0 Likes
13 Replies

Unfortunately that sounds like the only solution unless you wait on a bios and or chipset driver that helps things. That is assuming it is a firmware or software issue. I guess it is very possible it could be actually faulty CPU hardware. I would guess though that you can't exchange it due to unavailability. You might want to just return it as growing pains with new hardware is problematic putting it nicely. I don't like to be a beta tester so I rarely jump on new tech. 

Thanks for the share on this as I had not seen this complaint but support questions are really just beginning to trickle in on the new processors. 

Have you talked to AMD support yet?  https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

Hey pokester

I`ve sent the ticket to them after your comment. Will wait for their answer.

I`ve also asked the Gigabyte support, but from their answer I see that they don`t know what to do. 

So yep, my luck to be a beta tester :)

2 sticks work. And 3 sticks (24 gb) also work. Just need to select XMP profile and change the voltage (in some way changing voltage helps to pass the POST). The main problem is to receive all 4*8Gb. Right now at last on stock Mhzs. 

0 Likes

Can only go by the Matisse QVL, but there are some models not supported on 4 Dimms, guess you checked that.

Just a thought.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

That is a valid point, the OP should try 2 sticks and see if it posts. 

0 Likes

Hey goodplay. 

Actually I am not so skilled in the hardware. My memory is EKRED4083217A. I don`t know is it supported in 4*8Gb set. 

The B550m Aorus Pro page isn`t updated yet for Vermeer

But what can I say: 

1) even with 2 sticks of RAM I have a problem. For example: not working Hibernation. It just start to spinning coolers on GPU and CPU without ending and only the unsupply helps. 

2) My long days research says that many of guys have the similar problem with other RAM manufacturers. Even not 4*8 Gb but also with 2*16Gb etc. 

I can return the Ram and buy another set to check will it work, but you`ve said that there are no any will work with my MOBO. 

Can you say how to ensure and buy correct 32GB? 

0 Likes

@Ya wrote:

Hey goodplay. 

Actually I am not so skilled in the hardware. My memory is EKRED4083217A. I don`t know is it supported in 4*8Gb set. 

The B550m Aorus Pro page isn`t updated yet for Vermeer

But what can I say: 

1) even with 2 sticks of RAM I have a problem. For example: not working Hibernation. It just start to spinning coolers on GPU and CPU without ending and only the unsupply helps. 

2) My long days research says that many of guys have the similar problem with other RAM manufacturers. Even not 4*8 Gb but also with 2*16Gb etc. 

I can return the Ram and buy another set to check will it work, but you`ve said that there are no any will work with my MOBO. 

Can you say how to ensure and buy correct 32GB? 

I can't promise what will work to fix your issue. I can tell you it is certainly possible that another memory set might work better and could be worth trying. 

Something users often don't try and IMHO should is talk to the support department for your memory. They can suggest timings that you can set manually when a board apparently does apply the best settings automatically.

So that may be a question worth asking before going through the hassle of a return.

Also ask the motherboard maker, just because the don't have a published list yet doesn't mean they might not of tested your ram yet and know what settings to use. It just hasn't made it into a bios update and the QVL list isn't done as they are still validating ram. 

Talk to the support departments of all parties first. It beats chasing your tail all over town or expensive postage if you bought on-line. 

There is no doubt though, that I see complaints about the Gigabyte boards and ram issues more than any other maker. Next is Asus usually just with their 4 stick support do I see complaints. 

0 Likes

From what I can tell you RAM Manufacturer - EXCELERAM is a small European RAM manufacturer possibly Russian.

That RAM Manufacturer is not listed on your motherboard's QVL List. You will need to contact EXCELERAM Support and find out if your RAM is compatible with your motherboard and CPU from here: https://www.exceleram.co/contact-us/

You need to ask them how many DIMM Slots the RAM is compatible with on your Motherboard.

Screenshot 2020-11-19 153139.png

That's what I said LOL.

0 Likes

@pokester 

Yes I did noticed that you mentioned about contacting the RAM Memory manufacturer.

The point I was trying to make is that the RAM Manufacturer seems to be a small European possibly Russian manufacturer. So most likely his RAM may not be 100% compatible with the motherboard or processor.

I posted the Contact information in case the OP didn't know who or where to Contact the RAM manufacturer since, at least, in the USA it is probably unknown.

I mentioned Russian because when I googled the RAM Part number the only place it showed up was in a Russian language websites.

Sorry I was just joking. The stuff you added was great. Sorry I didn't mean it as a negative. I just thought it was funny. My bad.....

0 Likes

wasn't offended or anything. I know you were joking that I repeated what you said.

Just wanted to clarify why I posted that information.
Yilina
Journeyman III

5600X+B550M There are too many questions! My system 5600X +MSI mortar B550M+Memory G.skill habilidade trident 3200hz,but My memory only work at 2133hz。Random blue screen when working at 3200
0 Likes

Can only go by the Matisse QVL, but there are some models not supported on 4 Dimms, guess you checked that. I am also using this to complete my project mepco bill.
look at this machines:  
Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.

0 Likes