cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Tokyojo1
Journeyman III

5600x CPU stutter during gaming.

Hi guys, just built my 1st Ryzen PC, but I'm having terrible CPU stutters / during gaming, the stuttering is pretty bad like a frame freeze every 30 seconds or so, nothing overclocked.

CPU avg around 52c.

GPU avg around 90c junction temp

What I have tried so far with only 1 thing making it slightly better.

1. Uninstalled all drivers with DDU.

2. Clean install of windows 10.

3. Updated all drivers & Bios.

4. Lowered memory in Bios from 3000Mhz down to 2800Mhz, this is the only thing that seemed to improve the stuttering a little.

5. MS Gamebar turned off.

6. Power setting on high performance. 

PC Spec:

MSI CARBON GAMING B550

RYZEN 5600X

32GB CORSAIR RGB PRO. (4X8 GB STICKS)

MSI 5700XT

MSI CPU AIO

ACER NITRO 165HZ FREESYNC MONITOR

I'm stuck and don't know what else to try! 

0 Likes
4 Replies
jufuggie
Adept II

Ok, what game are you playing and at what kinda settings? Cyberpunk at Ultra?

Admittedly 90 is abit high for GPU although still in acceptable range.

0 Likes

I've actually water cooled the card now and the highest the junction temp gets is 53c, I'm still getting stuttering in games though..

Doom Eternal.

Doom.

Cyberpunk.

Red Dead.

Wolfenstein series.

Basically anything I play, its so frustrating!!

0 Likes

All the games you play sound pretty demanding, but your card is also a powerful one. Corsair ram is also actually usually friends with your msi motherboard although I didn't check it against the Qualified Vendors List.

Hmmm... Well what I would suggest you do is use an fps counter to look at the fps being produced by a steam app or msi afterburner. 

If the framerate varies too much eg. It suddenly jumps from 90 to 144 hz, it may be advisable to try to cap your framerate at somewhere in the middle to rid yourself of the stuttering.

I do apologize if you have already done this, because you seem like a technical person to me and I may be just repeating what you have already tried.

0 Likes

I haven't done that yet,, thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try.

0 Likes