Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ChristiaN4G
Adept I

5600x Core Performance Boost on Stock Cooler

Hi all,

So I have had a rough first couple of weeks on my new PC build with a 5600x with WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bluescreens and sometimes random restarts with error codes in windows pointing to a hardware failure with the Core Processor, I have come to find out that turning off Core Performance Boost in the BIOS fixes this issue and I no longer have any crashes or blue screen. However, I wanted to ask if this is normal on the stock wraith cooler for me to have to turn this off and if I should continue with the RMA process.  The temps I reach are on average only about 80 Celsius, so I don't think it has anything to do with temperature.(I will note that I plan to replace it with an AIO cooler). Thanks everyone!

0 Likes
4 Replies
kurdtnz
Adept III

Full system specs?

0 Likes

@kurdtnz 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

MOBO: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro

RAM: 16gb ddr4 3600 MHz Crucial Ballistix

GPU: Nvidia RTX 3070 FE

PSU: Corsair RM650x 650W

0 Likes

Just to rule out the usual suspects, is your BIOS and chipset/graphics drivers up to date? I would also definitely look into upgrading your stock cooler to an after market cooler like you said.

0 Likes

@kurdtnz 

Yes, my BIOS and chipset/graphics drivers are fully up to date. I plan on getting an aio soon which may hopefully allow me to use CPB. I'm just concerned that my 5600x is supposed to be able to have CPB on with the stock cooler without blue screens.