Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

4forin
Adept I

Ryzen 5 5600x cold start issue if USB keyboard is disconnected and XMP enabled

Jump to solution

I have noticed that the problem with the cold start (after disconnecting from the power supply for the night) occurs when the XMP profile is enabled and the USB keyboard is disconnected. I usually use a Logitech bluetooth keyboard. When I connect the keyboard with a USB cable, the computer starts up fine after disconnecting it for the night. If I disconnect the computer from the power supply for a short time (e.g. for 1 hour), even without a USB keyboard connected, the computer starts normally. When there is no USB keyboard, it shows the following q-codes (Asus B550-E gaming): 14-> 15-> C8-> C2-> 21-> F2-> F9

4 and 8 pin CPU power supply are connected (PSU: Seasonic Focus PX-550 Platinum),

Bios 2403,

RAM: Corsair / CMW16GX4M2C3600C16 ver 4.31 (Samsung B-die), from QVL

0 Likes
cyberloner
Adept III

Re: Ryzen 5 5600x cold start issue if USB keyboard is disconnected and XMP enabled

Jump to solution

you need the beta bios agesa 1.2.0.3b or 3a from asus...... disable c-state should be  fix

else temporary fix is change to other usb slot

0 Likes
4forin
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 5 5600x cold start issue if USB keyboard is disconnected and XMP enabled

Jump to solution

Thank you for your replay.

One question:

"change to other usb slot" -  what do I should change to other usb slot?

0 Likes
cyberloner
Adept III

Jump to solution

i means plug in other usb socket

0 Likes
Jumu
Adept II

Re: 5600x and b550 might be tricky for RAM to work

Jump to solution

I gained stability from updating bios to 2403. 1h45min of playing and 30min asus realbench stress test and no problems. DOCP activated and core boost on, so it boosts as it should be. Hopefully it remains this way.

0 Likes
Jumu
Adept II

Jump to solution

I think that these support even higher than 3200mhz, but it is never guaranteed to work, some seem to have problems. Mine is 3000mhz cl16.

0 Likes
Jumu
Adept II

Jump to solution

Still getting crashes sometimes...

0 Likes
4forin
Adept I

Jump to solution

In my case with latest BIOS I can use XMP profile (corsair 3600 cl18) with no problems whith cold start.

But if I apply XMP and even very smal undervolting with PBO (boost: +0Hz, curve optimizer: -2 for 2 best cores and -5 for the rest) ther are always problems with cold boot (even if there are no errors in the OCCT tests; even with dram voltage 1,5v and soc voltage 1,13v)

So i decided to set DRAM to 3200 (cl 17 in bios, but 18 in cpu-z) with smal undervolting, so that I do not have a problems any more.
In my opinion the results that can be seen in youtube videos are not achievable at home.

Jumu
Adept II

Jump to solution

I agree with you, mostly not achievable. They have sent Special samples for reviewers.

I managed to get it somewhat stable at 2600mhz cl18 and dram voltage set to 1.39v... (should be 3000mhz cl16). Getting tired of this...

Waiting for intel 12th gen.

0 Likes
Jumu
Adept II

Jump to solution

Stable at 2800mhz cl16 and 1.41V. This is good enough... So if you have similar problems, try increasing dram voltage.

View solution in original post

0 Likes