Re: 5600x and b550 might be tricky for RAM to work

Jump to solution

Copy that Bnitro...

0 Likes
kurdtnz
Adept III

Jump to solution

Id be very wary using an Apevia PSU and calling it a 'Perfect PC.' The internet is literally littered with posts and videos of them frying peoples PC's, they are notoriously bad and outright dangerous power supplies. 

0 Likes
Jumu
Adept II

Jump to solution

It's not motherboard issue. It's common knowledge that AMD has problems with RAM. 

I found this from Youtube, titled "AMD Ryzen memory issue fix - tutorial". He has found similar remedies for better stability like me.

Bios updates use to be more scary, not nowdays they are. Good boards you can flash back to the working bios. Everything you do wrong can ofcourse damage your system.

BNITRO
Adept III

Jump to solution

IF IT DOESNT BURN UP ITS HOLDING BACK.

also I've yet to burn something up with a power supply unless internal short, water, sweat or something else happened, so stop lyin and stop fryin ur stuff saying its bad stuff... then they throw it on ebay with scratched up screws and folded up needle nose marked backplates saying its never been touched... then get pissed that it doesn't flash.. so I know who I'm designing FOR.

0 Likes
Hurt
Adept I

Jump to solution

youtube "AMD Ryzen memory issue fix - tutorial"

Hm, this video is 3 years old. Do the suggested fixes / bios settings still apply to "modern" systems (e.g. 3200MHz DDR4 RAMs)?

0 Likes
Hurt
Adept I

Jump to solution

Watched the videos. Doesn't provide more insight than I've already tried.

Different RAM Speeds, Timings, Voltages, even lowest RAM settings - except for the 2 exceptions that it file-exctraction of 7z files works on Linux at 1.45V DRAM Voltage ant that Star Citizen starts sometimes with 1.45V DRAM Voltage, I still don't have any clue.

With CPB disabled, everything works fine (regardless of the RAM settings, even with 1.35V).

0 Likes
Hurt
Adept I

Jump to solution

Also with the latest BIOS update (2403 from June 19th), the situation stays the same. So it seems to be a hardware issue (Mainboard / CPU)

0 Likes
4forin
Adept I

Jump to solution

In my case (cold start issue when XMP enabled) the new bios 2604 has solved the problem. Before that only timings 19-22-22 at 3600mhz did not cause the cold boot issue.

0 Likes
4forin
Adept I

Jump to solution

Sorry. In my case (cold start issue when XMP enabled) the new bios 2403 (not 2604) has solved the problem. Before that only timings 19-22-22 at 3600mhz did not cause the cold boot issue.

0 Likes