Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

PandaCocoa
Journeyman III

5600g system not posting

Hi all,

I just built a 5600g system and it will not post. It brings me to a blank screen with a little white dash towards the upper left hand corner. I sent the motherboard to ASRock for a bios update and the same thing happens. I've tried with one stick of ram, no ram, no ssd, no cmos battery, resetting the cmos battery, reseating cables, having no cables plugged in except psu cables, cleaning contacts, and reseating the CPU. Nothing seems to work and I would love to have some help. I know it is not a monitor problem because my monitor works with my laptop. Below is a link to the PCPartPicker page:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/AyGames/saved/#view=jtvMVn

Thank you for the help in advance, and have a good day!

0 Likes
6 Replies
kheper
Adept II

"a little white dash towards the upper left hand corner."

I had the same issue with an Opteron system - about 10 years ago. The problem was that the memory was incompatible with the motherboard. Could you borrow a known to be working stick, then try again?

Ryzen 5 Pro 4650g, ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4/ac, 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600MHz, SAMSUNG 970 EVO NVMe 500GB, Super Flower Leadex III Gold 850W
0 Likes

Nope, still didn't work. Went out and bought a set of corsair lpx memory and the problem persists.

0 Likes

It sounds like your motherboard needs a BIOS update to be able to run the 5600G. The problem is, your motherboard does not have BIOS Flash so you will need a 3000series CPU in order to update it.

0 Likes

I already sent out the motherboard for a bios update, as I said in the original post. So unless ASRock didn't update the bios like they said it should be fine

0 Likes
ryzen_type_r
Challenger

Do you have a video card you can plug in to see if it will POST?

P.S.  This may or may not be the cause of the problem, but the first thing I noticed on your parts list is that the power supply is junk.  It's an old group regulated design, and I personally would not buy any power supply that costs less than $30.

Don't skimp on the power supply, especially not on a modern Ryzen system.  A good power supply will cost you more at first, but cause you a lot less grief in the long run.  Expect to pay something like $70-100 for a very good 550-650W PSU.

But ultimately, it's your budget and your call.  Just be aware.

0 Likes

I do not have a graphics card, as I'm too cheap for that. The reason I went with this PSU is that it's reputable and people seem to like it for budget systems. It also should have plenty of wattage for what I need as I do not plan on ever putting a graphics card in. It is also 80+ bronze so it is at least somewhat efficient. I plan on taking the APU to a local PC repair store and see if they can test it. If that is fine then the motherboard or PSU is bad, but if it isn't then I know what I need to get a warrentied.

0 Likes