Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dtb89
Journeyman III

5600G Sudden Black Screen Error

Hello.

I've recently upgraded my CPU + MB and RAM.

Ryzen 5600G (Stock Fan, No OC) + MSI B450M-A PRO MAX + PATRIOT VIPER 2x8 GB 3600 MHz (It was running 2666 MHz, no OC and currently running at 3200 MHz after Windows Installation)

HIPER 880W PSU (10 Years old) - 240 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD - Samsung 2253 BW (10 Years old as well, using DVI port)

When I try to install Windows 10, with 2 rams installed I got no signal error (was able to see BIOS screen, but could not see Windows installation screen). I managed to install Windows 10 Pro without 2nd ram attached. Anyway I've finished installing necessary programs such as word 2007, adobe, steam etc.

Then while I was browsing at Google Chrome or Edge sudden black screen appeared (not once, every time when I try to use PC). I had to cut the electric to shut down the computer, otherwise reset or power button was not even working. 

What I did to fix it? 

BIOS update, Chipset update, BIOS reset, Installed latest AMD Radeon Software. They did not fix it.

Due to frustration, I've installed my old GPU (GTX 750 Ti), and so far it is working fine. I was also disappointed the APU performance on Quake Champions with low settings. I did some research and 2 things left to try, changing my PSU (I have a new 650 Watt PSU ready) and changing my monitor. 

Any other solid recommendations or solutions for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
2 Replies
marlon2106
Journeyman III

As I see the problem of your CPU is the iGPU.

I bought 2 pcs with the following:
-AMD RYZEN R5 5600G, AM4
- MB ASUS PRIME A520M-A II/CSM
- TG T-Force Vulcan TUF RAM, 2x8GB DDR4-3200MHz, CL16
- WD Blue 500GB M.2 2280 SATA SSD
- PSU 550W standard.

A PC randomly presents a black screen and does not respond, after approximately 7 minutes it restores the screen and appears adrenalin driver failure.
Stress tests and games, memtest were carried out and there were no failures.
I am thinking of changing for another r5 5600G since the other PC has no faults.

0 Likes

Thanks for the answer and I'm almost 100% sure that it is the iGPU problem. Since then I have no issues with my GTX 750 Ti graphic card. Let me know the result if you swap your 5600G with newer one. 

The problem is , I don't know whether it is a rare problem that happened to few people or major problem, however it is annoying and almost impossible to fix it. In addition I was thinking to get a better performance however other than a being stable (if i don't even consider the black screen error), it was not enough for Quake Champions (1680x1050, 60 hz, all low, ~40-50 FPS). Therefore I will be using my GTX 750 Ti. 

Please let me know if you have an any update.

0 Likes