cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fsfnit
Journeyman III

4 memory sticks doesn't work with Ryzen 5 2600?

I have 2 sticks of 8GB each and I bought 2 more sticks of 8GB. When I connect all the sticks, my machine doesn't work.

I already tested alternating sticks and slots in all combinations and the most I got by chance, was to make it work with 3 sticks.

I have already updated the MoBo driver.

Is there any way to make it work?

My setup: Asus B450 Plus Gamming MoBo, Ryzen 5 2600 processor and the memories are Hyper HX424C15FB3 / 8.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Thanny
Miniboss

Very unlikely to be a CPU problem.  Check with the motherboard vendor, in particular their qualified memory list.  And try their support.

I don't think so, I saw several reports about a processor incompatibility.

This report even here from the forum.

0 Likes

@fsfnit wrote:

I have 2 sticks of 8GB each and I bought 2 more sticks of 8GB. When I connect all the sticks, my machine doesn't work.

I already tested alternating sticks and slots in all combinations and the most I got by chance, was to make it work with 3 sticks.

I have already updated the MoBo driver.

Is there any way to make it work?

My setup: Asus B450 Plus Gamming MoBo, Ryzen 5 2600 processor and the memories are Hyper HX424C15FB3 / 8.

If you look at the QVL list for your motherboard you will see that many modules on are only supported in 2 vs 4. 

This is why you buy memory on the QVL list. You memory is not even on the QVL list for this board. Luckily it at least supports 2. 

This is not a CPU limitation.

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/TUF-B450-PLUS-GAMING/HelpDesk_QVL/

as Pokester mentioned on Motherboard RAM QVL List it shows which RAM part numbers are compatible on 2, 4 or 8 DIMM Slots on the motherboard.

Went to Kingston which shows all the RAM Memory compatible with your Motherboard: https://www.kingston.com/unitedstates/us/memory/search?model=99244&devicetype=7&mfr=asu&line=tuf&cap...

0 Likes