cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

blahblahblaaaah
Journeyman III

3970x, temp ran 77-95c for a week, will this damage the cpu?

Ok, I occasionally run CPU intensive programs, so fans were running at full speed... but then I didn't realize my Enermax AIO pump failed and the CPU temp had been 77-95c for a week until I noticed things had slowed down and fans were still running at full speed even after I closed all of the programs. Is this going to damage the CPU? I replaced the cooler with Cooler master AIO TR4 edition, but the idle is 47-60c, room temp is 28c. Is this normal? Idle used to be around 36-42c, I'm kind of worry that my cpu is damaged.

0 Likes
1 Reply

No, The processor will shut down the computer before any damage occurs.

The Rzyen 3rd generation Maximum Operating Temperature is 95c at which time the Processor will automatically start throttling to keep the temps at 95c or below.

But it isn't advisable to run the processor near or at 95c for very long periods. It may shortened the life span of the processor. Running the Processor in the low 80's C or below is no problem in my opinion.

Does the Cooler Master AIO TR edition come with AM4 brackets to install on your computer?

This is AMD Recommended AIO CPU Coolers for the Rzyen 3950X Processors: https://www.amd.com/en/processors/3950x-thermal-solutions 

Make sure the Cooler Master pump is making good contact with the processor and there is good air flow through the Radiator and fan without any air flow obstructions. Plus the liquid is circulating without any leaks or binding or clogs.

0 Likes