Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

oed20
Adept I

3970x and asus ROG Zenith Extreme 2 : Q-code memory:00

Hello

I am
AMD RYZEN Threadripper3970x and asus ROG Zenith Extreme 2.

Power Supply is...
Seasonic platinum 1300w.

RAM is 16g 8 pieces of Samsung RAM.

These products can't boot up intermittently.

Q-code memory:00 is expressed.

It happens once or twice a month.

J.C.Hyun, an agency in Korea, says as if there is nothing wrong with the cpu after the operation test and prime test.

And I decided to test for a month.m.

I think this result is unreasonable.

Many forums raise the possibility of cpu anomalies.

I bought the product at a very high price.

Q-code memory00 has other causes than cpu and main board.
Is it possible?

I want to know the condition of occurrence of Q-code memory00.

0 Likes
10 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

RAM is 16g 8 pieces of Samsung RAM.

Ordinary processors feature 2 channels of RAM. I think your processor has 4 channel support. You should try 4 RAMs with 2 RAM on the left of the processor and 2 on the right of the processor with following the motherboard manual. Does an error occur when you try this?

Also, the XMP profile of your RAMs may not work properly using 8 DIMMs. You may need to lower the RAM speeds or something as. So you need to change something about the RAM settings of the BIOS for fixing the problem. But what is it? I can not say that...

Also, you probably get too many case fans on your motherboard with a single motherboard port and the spin of the fans is forced. You can fix this with the additional fan controller.

Edit: Your RAM is also connected to the pump. Because of this, you need to adjust your RAM settings with BIOS without removing some DIMMs. First of all, you can try to lower the RAM speed.

Are you telling me to use 2 on the left and 2 on the right using 4 RAM?

I am not currently using xmp.

This is the setting of Standard.

I don't use RAM overclock.

Additionally, fan controller is being used.

It is expected that there will be no problem with the power supply.

The borrowed 3960x is being shipped.

The main board has been replaced with a reaper and is being shipped.

I will test with 4 RAM after replacing the parts.

Thank you for your answer.

0 Likes

You may be having trouble because of a RAM incompatibility (for 8 DIMMs) or the possibility that 8 pieces of the RAMs may be preventing them from working properly. In other words, excessive number of RAM may cause problems for the RAMs of your choice. 

Write the brand, model and part number of your RAMs to AMD and ask for compatibility with that... https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes

I didn't think it would be a compatibility problem to use eight RAM.

I'll test it with four RAM.

oed20
Adept I

Are you telling me to use 2 on the left and 2 on the right using 4 RAM?

I am not currently using xmp.

This is the setting of Standard.

I don't use RAM overclock.

Additionally, fan controller is being used.

It is expected that there will be no problem with the power supply.

The borrowed 3960x is being shipped.

The main board has been replaced with a reaper and is being shipped.

I will test with 4 RAM after replacing the parts.

Thank you for your answer.

0 Likes

From Asus ROG Forum concerning Q-Code "00": New pc won't POST, no display, Q-Code 00, now nothing 

As mentioned before you need to check Asus ROG RAM QVL List and see if the RAM Modules you have is compatible with populating 8 DIMM slots at the same time: ROG Zenith II Extreme Memory | Motherboards | ASUS Global 

From what I can see, at least 50% or more of all RAM Modules listed in the QVL list is ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH 4 DIMM SLOTS BEING POPULATED AT THE SAME TIME AND NOT 8 DIMM Slots.

0 Likes

I didn't think it would be a compatibility problem to use eight RAM.

I'll test it with four RAM.

0 Likes

This will eliminate RAM being incompatible with 8 DIMM Slots being populated. I would just keep four RAM Modules until you find out what is causing the Q-Code 00 which according to the old ROG Thread doesn't involve RAM.

Once you find out the error code 00 is fixed you can then populate all 8 DIMM slots if your RAM Modules is shown to be compatible in the Motherboard's QVL List for 8 DIMM slots.

If you are able to boot into Windows, download diagnostic Stress program OCCT and run the PSU Stress test and see if it passes after 30 Minutes of running. This will test your GPU, CPU and PSU all at the same time.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

oed20, this is a user forum with some people not owning Ryzen processors and few if any owning Threadrippers.  I very strongly recommend you open a support ticket with AMD Online Service and run away from here as fast as you can!  Please supply all details of your system including exact memory model, power supply, OS and all HW components.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

Also there many Users that does own Rzyen or Threadripper processors yet doesn't have the slightest idea on how to troubleshoot those same processors nor are very knowledgeable about them in general.

No need to run from AMD Forums since there are many Users here at the Forums with troubleshooting skills that knows how to apply troubleshooting techniques to any hardware or software and who also might or might not own Ryzen or Threadripper processors.

A User doesn't need to "own" a certain processor or hardware/software for User to be able to troubleshoot one. As long as the User is knowledgeable about what they are troubleshooting.