cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

JustinGMZ
Adept I

3900x Temps

Hey! I've been worried for a bit, that my 3900x temps might be too high. My 3900x is water-cooled with a NZXT x53, 240mm AIO, And is also running at Stock Speeds. During IDLE my 3900x runs from around 45-55 degrees C. This occasionally spikes to 65 for a few seconds, then goes back down to 45-55 degrees. Under Load, On Cinebench , I hit a max temp of 86 Degrees C . I mainly use this build for gaming, While Playing COD Warzone, My 3900x could run from anywhere from 59-77 degrees C. Are these temps normal, and If not - Are there any Fixes? Is this Something to Worry About? 

0 Likes
4 Replies
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Mine is cooled by an EVGA AIO 360 using CM ARGB fans and arctic MX paste and during gaming she peaks around 140°F/60°C with all cores boosted.  My case, CM HAF 932, also has excellent air flow with positive pressure so absolutely no heat is trapped inside.  There are so many variables that contribute to heat exchange so I would systematically go through your system and try to eliminate as many as is possible.

Is your AIO mounted properly would be my first question as radiator and pump orientation are key to them working properly.

0 Likes

I have Reapplied Thermal Paste, with Arctic Silver 3. I have a push-pull radiator orientation at the front of my case with the 240mm AIO. I also have 3 exhaust fans, 1 at the back, 2 at the top. My Graphics card is really not affected at all, as it is only my 3900x. My 2080 runs about 31 C on idle and 55 under load. I have a Deepcool Matrexx 55 Case, if that contributes to the temps. Is there a Problem with my cpu? 

0 Likes

I think that a 240 AIO for a 3900X could be somewhat a poor performer. Even I'm thinking on a 360 for a 2700X.

Your case is not the best too, I'm starting to see a trend lately (not only on this forum) with cool looking cases but very poor airflow performers, specially with glass in the front instead of mesh. But up to 77ºC is not that bad while gaming, but then again, I don't know your room temps.

77ºC on CPU on a room with a 25ºC is kind of okayish.. but the same on a 20ºC room is not good at all. That's why some reviews show delta temps instead.

SIDENOTE: Don't rely on the 2080 temps if the fans are ON while idle.

I would place the fans on front for intake, radiator on top for exhaust but you will end up with negative pressure which is not bad, but I think it might end up with a little more dust inside. Its worth a shot if you don't mind going thru the trouble.

You could lower minimum processor state in energy management to get better idle temps.
Undervolting is also an option and lately a Ryzen trend. (I've done it by 0.1v offset)

Some tips in video: https://youtu.be/yVFjvizChrw

The Englishman
0 Likes

Okay, So I got some Good news. I reapplied thermal paste, and my temps have seemed to improved. Under 100% Load on Cinebench, I am getting about a max of 79 C. While Gaming, I am getting a average temp of around 58-67 C with spikes to 70C (which only last for a few seconds). On Idle I get around 35-51 degrees C, with the spikes still happening around 60c on idle. Is this normal now?