Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

TriggeredHealer
Journeyman III

3900x low clock speed in game

Hi all

Hoping someone can help with my rather weird issue.

I have a 3900x (bought new 4 months ago) and everything was working fine up to 2 weeks ago - Temps under game load would reach 60-65c, cpu clock would boost to 4.5ish using ryzen master game mode.

Then seemingly out of nowhere my cpu wouldn't go over 3-3.3 in game, however would max boost on loading screens.

Spec

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus WiFi

MSI Gaming z RTX 2070

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB C16 16gb

What i've tried

changed from ryzen master game mode to creator mode

Ran cinebench R23 both single and multi core tests (10 mins) both times the tests completed without issues - no thermal throttling

changed power plan from ryzen balanced to ryzen high to windows balanced to high and even tried ultimate

Uninstalled windows update KB500330, as i'd heard that caused fps issues

restored my bios back to defaults

flashed the bios to latest version

Checked for issues with my gpu

System restored to a date prior to my issue

Full windows reinstall

Noticed the cpu idles in windows very low (compared to how it used to) and the voltage used to be high 1.4ish idle now sits around 0.5

Did a full clean inside my system and replaced the thermal paste

As my cpu is still capable of working under load, I don't believe it is broken. Seems like a setting in windows or bios needs tweaking but I am at a loss.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I have attached a couple of images. The first is windows idle (ultimate plan) the second is in Skyrim SE, heavily modded with ENB at 1440p. The game i use doesn’t matter same issue each time.

And I know the 3900x isn’t the best for gaming but its what i’ve got.Windows IdleWindows IdleIn GameIn Game

0 Likes
0 Replies