cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

WTFChicken
Journeyman III

3900x and still really low framerate

I got a Ryzen 9 3900x almost a year ago and pretty much upgraded everything but the graphics card as the 30 series cards are scarce. I am still on the old GTX 1080. 

Ever since the upgrade (x570 motherboard, new 32 GB RAM and the processor), I have not noticed any significant increase in framerate on games.  I understand 3900x isn't specifically built for gaming but still. 

It's almost been a year and I just thought the missing link has to be the graphics card. Even though I noticed people with a similar spec PC posted benchmark videos on YouTube playing Warzone at around 140 fps while I can only manage to scrape 90 average running everything as low as possible. 

The final nail in the coffin has been that my friend recently purchased Ryzen 5 5600x and he has a GTX 1660. 1080 has better performance than 1660 from all the benchmarks I looked at. As soon as he switched to the 5600x he has 140 fps in Warzone and I have around 90. How is that possible? I get that the 5600x is slightly newer but it's a Ryzen 5 and 3900x is a Ryzen 9 and twice the price. I would imagine myself having better performance. Surely there is something wrong here.

I have the BIOS updated, all drives updated, windows updated. I cannot think of what might be causing this issue. The temperatures all seem to be fine too.

Having looked online, I found a lot of people with the 3900x saying their processor upgrade just did not do anything to their framerate but couldn't find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
0 Replies