cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

williamna
Adept I

3800x is too hot ?

I have AIO gamdias chione 240 cooler and my CPU 3800x idle at 50 ~ 60c and 100% load at 82c is that normal ?

No OC I left all at auto in bios. Mother is x570 asus tuf

0 Likes
1 Solution

I found out that I set in the bios Auto OC Level 3 when I set it Level 2 now my idle is 47 ~ 60C and 100% load at 70C

With stock cooler the temperature is higher so 80C is normal but if you did not like the noise like me get a new cooler

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
marcthorp
Journeyman III

The 3800X that I have installed in my nephew's new computer uses the stock prism cooler and with all default settings has a core CPU temperature of 66°C at idle. Upon running any 3D software, such as games, it rises to the low 80s! This surely cannot be normal. The computer is forever crashing and I suspect excessive temperatures are to blame. I need to know whether these stock temperatures are cause to return the CPU. Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes

I found out that I set in the bios Auto OC Level 3 when I set it Level 2 now my idle is 47 ~ 60C and 100% load at 70C

With stock cooler the temperature is higher so 80C is normal but if you did not like the noise like me get a new cooler

0 Likes

Are you talking about "Performance Enhancer" Level 2?  I have the same board and I noticed high idle temps with that enabled.  It sent me down a rabbit hole where I now have that on Auto, Manual PBO with no Auto O/C, and a VCore undervolt of -0.13750 V...  Much better idle temps and better performance.

QB

0 Likes

yes I set it on Level 3 OC and forget it and today my PC did not post with red light indicate CPU problem so I entered bios and found the settings so I remembered. With Level 3 OC temp. reach 82C !! I was going to get rid of my AIO thinking it is bad one.  

0 Likes