• MB: #x570 Aorus Elite
  • Graphics: 5700xt Nitro+
  • PSU: RM750X
  • SSD: 500GB 970 Evo Plus
  • SSD: 1TB 860 Evo
  • HDD: 2TB Barracuda
  • RAM (only temporary), i've got 2xpsd416g21332 and one m378a2k43cb1-crc
  • Case: Cooler Master H500

The situation is as follows. First time building my own PC; took me 3 hours to assemble and then another 3 trying to set up Windows.

After first assembly, system booted with no issues; managed to install windows 10 pro without a hic. In windows, started installing drivers using Driver Pack Solution. The installer failed on 3/20 drivers (2 for my external USB sound card and the other was the graphics card). Restarted system, and BLUE SCREEN (didn't manage to get the code).

Did a system restore, and tried the same thing without the drivers that first crashed. After rebooting, the system was no longer booting into windows. Tried restarting a couple of times, and noticed that not even BIOS was showing anymore. Tried to boot from my USB Windows stick; but to no avail. I realized that the computer was no longer POST-ing.

To note: when powering on, all LEDs light up, fans start spinning (both CPU and GPU fans)

Now for my troubleshooting part; tried doing whatever I could without first taking the MB out of the case: tried all RAM slots with the m378a2k43cb1, nothing; disconnected every other peripheral, nothing.

At this point, I take the MB out of the case for troubleshooting. Did a lot of CMOS clears: taking out battery (leaving it out for like an hour; with PSU disconnected), using the pins and also emptying PSU capacitors.

Re-adjusted CPU cooler, and also re-applied thermal paste.

Tried to update BIOS using qFlash button, but did not work.

Tried switching with the other set of RAM, in all configurations.

Noticed that monitor was going into stand-by when PC was powered off, and when turned on, it just kept switching inputs, trying to find a signal. So, I'm guessing, I still have some sort of signal.

Last I tried, only things connected where CPU and GPU.

At this point, I'm waiting on my other sticks of RAM to arrive F4-3600C16D-16GTZN, hoping that it was somehow a RAM issue; but if won't be the case...I don't really fancy waiting another 2-3  weeks for RMA-ing and getting new parts.

Any ideas?####

0 Likes
9 Replies

Yes it is possible you have incompatible RAM MEMORY installed. Also possible the RAM MEMORY is defective.

The RAM MEMORY that you ordered is not listed under your Motherboard's QVL List:

I have attached it to this post for you to look at it at your convenience. Even if it is not listed it could still be compatible since maybe it hasn't been tested yet by Gigabyte.

Your motherboard should have lit up either Trouble LEDs or show Trouble codes. That will narrow down the hardware at issue.

Very good idea on just connecting the minimum required hardware to narrow down the issue.  You need at least one RAM module installed to be able to get video for BIOS to show.

Once you are able to boot into Windows, Download the latest CHIP Set from Gigabyte for your Motherboard. The latest BIOS Version is F10c.

Make sure you have both Motherboard Power connections connected.

How to correctly install your RAM MEMORY:

Downloaded your Motherboard Manual but couldn't see reference to Trouble LEDs nor Codes.  If none, when the computer powers up, what type of BEEPS do you here?

0 Likes

This LinusTech Thread mentioned something similar to yours with the same motherboard. Turned out to be a defective CPU (3rd Generation): https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1088599-r5-3600-and-x570-aorus-elite-black-screen/ 

Found out that your Motherboard has no Debug LED or Codes. Hopefully then maybe when it's powering up, The BEEPS will indicate which hardware is causing the problems of not booting up.

0 Likes

I might have thought of that; but the PC was working at the beginning. It wasn't really DOA.

Thank you for the reply. I know that the RAM modules I ordered are not on the QVL list, but then again, they are really new modules (released in August I think, specifically designed for the new Ryzen series).

Sadly, I have also found no Trouble LEDs nor Codes. And the MB came without a plugable speaker. Am trying to get one today, to see if I get any BEEPS.

Have already downloaded latest BIOS update (I have a separate laptop, which I aim to replace with this PC), but didn't know you can flash BIOS without CPU. Will try that later today.

Other than that, managed to get hold of a friends PC (he has 2'nd gen Ryzen 2400 I think); will try my parts on his, to narrow it down.

Testing the your hardware on another compatible supported computer is a very good method to determine if a part is good or not.

But to test the 3rd generation CPU the other computer must have the same socket and a BIOS version that supports the latest AMD CPUs.

0 Likes
nobrakes
Journeyman III

As you where able to post and boot the first time,i would say either the mobo or cpu is shot because you now can´t get a post even

0 Likes
Smokeysole36
Journeyman III

Hey just wondering if you ever fixed this issue? I’m having the same problem.

0 Likes

I get blank screen after a build tried both HDMI and VGA monitors. I can’t even get to BIOS. Fan spins and HDD light is always on. My system is as follows

>MSI x570 gaming plus 
>Ryzen7 3700x
>Crucial DDR3200 8x2

>ATI R9 (its old but working before install)

>i have USB stick with Linux Mint20 image plugged in USB port

It’s brand new build I have put together many PCs before but I’m stumped I have tried two power supplies and double checked all the connections. Tried with and without Samsung SSD drive. Other builds Linux would load from USB but not this time.  I’m stumped please help

0 Likes
DeskTopOffice
Journeyman III

I get blank screen after a build tried both HDMI and VGA monitors. I can’t even get to BIOS. Fan spins and HDD light is always on. My system is as follows

>MSI x570 gaming plus 
>Ryzen7 3700x
>Crucial DDR3200 8x2

>ATI R9 (its old but working before install)

>i have USB stick with Linux Mint20 image plugged in USB port

It’s brand new build I have put together many PCs before but I’m stumped I have tried two power supplies and double checked all the connections. Tried with and without Samsung SSD drive. Other builds Linux would load from USB but not this time.  I’m stumped please help

0 Likes