Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mendhox
Adept I

3700x - System crashing all the time - Event id 41 63 kernel power

Hi, everyone,

It`s been a week that I have built up my new rig and the PC has been constantly crashing mainly when I'm watching videos on Youtube or playing some games. I'm in the early stages of figuring out what the problem is. I asked Microsoft for some help, but I haven't receive any answer yet. So I thought I might ask here in this forum since I noticed a lot of people are facing some issues with the new Ryzen 3000 processors.

I looked at the Event Viewer and the error is:

Source: Kernel-Power

Event ID 41

Task category: (63)

My PC specs:

GPU: Galax RTX 2070 Super Triple fan

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Motherboard: Asrock X570 Steel legend

RAM: G.Skill 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600Mhz

PSU: XFX XTR2 750w

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

I looked at the temps and I think they are fine for this kind of processor since I noticed a lot of people commenting about high temps. My temps are hovering around 45-65° with some spikes to 72°. When I play games the temps hover around 75-85° depending on the game.

Here's my setup: Fans: 1 120mm x back, 2 140mm and 1 120 x front - I mounted the AIO on top of the case with the fans out of the case because it's a Panzer Max case and there's no way to mount the fans inside the case.

I'm a bit lost and I have no idea what that might be.

Could anyone help me out with this?

10 Replies
mendhox
Adept I

Hello, elstaci

I will take a look into it and I will follow the steps you kindly provided.

Update you soon.

Thanks.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

mendhox, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM).  Make sure you are not running any OC applications and if there are any in Settings-Apps, please uninstall them.  Is you memory on the QVL list?  Your power supply is too small in my opinion but may be OK.  Get no drivers from the MB vendor site, only BIOS.  DL all AMD drivers here.  Right click This PC-Event Viewer-Windows Log-Filter current Log...-Check Critical-OK  Post a screenshot then check Details on one event and post a screenshot.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hello, misterj

I really appreciate your effort to help me solve this issue.

I'm still following the steps that elstaci provided. I have updated the audio driver from the motherboard site, because I was only using the drivers from Windows 10, and I uninstalled the Nvidia graphic and installed again, but at this time without Geforce Experience, there are some problems related to Geforce Experience, so I though it might give it shot.

I don't like to do overclock. The only thing that I changed was setting the XMP profile on Bios. By the way, I just noticed that Asrock released a new Bios for the X570 Steel Legend, version 2.10, AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.4 Patch B. Should I give it try?

The memories I have are not on the QVL list, might that be a problem? Drivers from the motherboard vendor I'm only using the Intel Lan and the audio driver I installed this morning like I said before.

As for the Amd drivers I installed them all. Chipset and Ryzen Master.

I attached the Ryzen Master screen.

I watched some videos on Youtube a few minutes ago and the system didn't crash, I will try later on playing some games and see how it goes, but now that Asrock released a new Bios for my motherboard X570 Steel Legend, I think that it might help solve the instability issues I have been facing lately. What do you think?

Amd-Ryzen.PNG

0 Likes

Hello, misterj

The system is crashing again. You asked to post a screenshot of the Even Viewer, but I couldn't find the option you mentioned, so I decided to copy the text and paste here.

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 11/14/2019 4:44:55 PM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: DESKTOP-O5C3S0N
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>6</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-11-14T19:44:55.819952500Z" />
<EventRecordID>11685</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-O5C3S0N</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

0 Likes

mendhox, thanks for the RM screenshot.  I do not think at this time it is a bad PSU and please do not mess with the SOC or other Voltages.  The first thing to do is stop OCing.  Do a Clear CMOS.  We need to establish that your system will run in stock setting.  Your CPU clock is set to the Maximum Boost frequency.  You have cut off the bottom of RM that I would like to see.  Please post another screenshot of RM and go to the Thaiphoon Burner site, DL and run the free read only tool and post a screenshot of it.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi, misterj

I didn't overclock the CPU, is that because the PBO is set to AUTO and it is overclocking the CPU automatically?

I won't have time to run the tests today, but I will clear the CMOS tomorrow and run the system in stock mode and perform the tests you asked me to do.

I really appreciate your support.

Best.

Marcelo

0 Likes

mendhox, I do not have a Gen3 Ryzen yet, so I do not know why PBO is set.  I would not expect it to be unless you set it.  The memory is running at 3600 MHz which may be causing the crashes.  Please make sure you don't have any OC applications such as from the MB vendor (who is that?).  If you do, please uninstall it.  Let's see what happens.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
nobrakes
Journeyman III

most likely your psu that is bad,that error is a sudden power loss,i´ve experienced it myself and it was my psu that was failing

0 Likes
korzychxp
Adept II

You can try go up with SOC to 1.150V and try to change VDDP to 0.900, 0.950 or 1.1 V

same with VDDG, start with 0.950 and max it to 1.115V

0 Likes
cyx
Adept I

The event is from windows booting and finding it wasn't shut down cleanly. It doesn't tell us what went wrong, only that it was so sudden windows didn't detect and record an error.

You've described this as the system crashing, but I take it the computer is suddenly restarting? If so it sounds a lot like the issue I had which was eventually resolved by replacing the CPU. Unfortunately the easy way to prove it's the CPU is to try a different one in your system, but that's not easy for people who don't have access to multiple Ryzen systems.

0 Likes