cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ajwalter89
Journeyman III

3700x stock voltages

Are these voltages normal? This is if I do optimized defaults in BIOS. When I run cinebench multi it will drop to a normal number around 1.25. If I run the wizard for the CPU in the BIOS it says I'll get an 8% increase in performance and will adjust to the second picture, but at that point it won't boost at all and maxes at 3.85ghz. Latest BIOS Motherboard is Asus ROG strix 570 E. I'm not adjusting anything in Ryzen master. (I know it says manual, but it's doing that automatically from the BIOS wizard.) New to this and just trying to get best performance out cpu but not needing to overclock. I do have the stock XMP profile for ram.

Annotation 2020-04-15 162355.pngAnnotation 2020-04-15 164606.png

0 Likes
5 Replies

That's normal.

0 Likes

So it’s safe to run at the first pic with 1.4 volts?

0 Likes

For Ryzen 3000 series its perfectly normal. You can see voltages jumps up to 1.5v all you want to know is whats the average voltage. If it's stuck at 1.4v all the time, than you can be warried

0 Likes

It is. I don't like it as it makes it run hot as heck, but that's what AMD sets it at so Turbo can work on all chips, even ones at the bottom of the bin.

0 Likes
ajwalter89
Journeyman III

Thanks guys. Just wanted to be sure that it was normal. I have a AIO cooler and my system seems to be able to handle it, but didn't want to kill the CPU over time. 

0 Likes