Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

surajkushwaha
Journeyman III

3700x random reboot while watching Youtube

Hello Beautiful People!!

I recently bought AMD 3700x, This is my first time using AMD product.So, Please help me with this weird issue.

I bought this processor in October. I didn't had any issue for about 20-25 days and then my pc randomly started rebooting (Once or twice in a day).

PC works perfectly fine while i operate my Designing software (Photoshop,Illustrator,Houdini). The only game i play is Call of duty for about 15-20 minutes and everything is fine, as soon as i open Youtube and start watching some video after about 20min. (Sometimes after an hour), My screen freezes the audio continues for about 5-10 seconds, my keyboard and mouse stops working and bOom Shutdown.. and it reboot automatically and works fine :/

SOME IMPORTANT POINTS TO MENTION
1) All the temp are normals (Near 40 Degree)

2) I have swapped PSU with new Circle 850w (Its new).

3) I haven't done any OC.

4) I have  CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 3200MHZ  ram. So, I turned ON XMP in Motherboard. After this reboot issue, I even turned it OFF but still no effect.

5) I have Latest BIOS, UPDATED GRAPHIC DRIVER and my Windows is fully updated.

6) Every time just before crash. I see red CPU LED in motherboard.

( There are 4 LED in motherboard

• CPU
  • RAM
  • VGA
  • BOOT
    Every time CPU LED turns on while system crashes)

MY PC SPEC

PROCESSOR : AMD 3700x
RAM : CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHZ C16 Desktop RAM
GPU : Zotac GeForce GT 1030 2GB GDDR5 64-bit Graphic card
MB : MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX ATX Gaming Motherboard
PSU : Circle Raw Power 850 Watt APFC ATX Version 2.31 Modular Gaming Power Supply SMPS

NOTE :: I have attached 3 Screenshot of windows log after reboot.

ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED  

Community HelpProcessorsSupport Forums@

0 Likes
13 Replies
rui_ddit
Adept I

Hi I can not help you but i just registered to say i have the same issue, and it started happenning mostly while using vlc, then youtube, then Sublime Text, and now it keeps happenning everytime, even before login. The computer is absolutely unsable and I have missed the replacement period for 10 days now, because it only started doing this recently. Needless to say I am very unhappy. 

Ive spent in excess of 3 hours troubleshooting this, which im not happy about, and it turns out that it is an hardware issue, i cannot understand if its a defective cpu or a memory incompatibility, but kernel is passing me messages from the hardware saying something is wrong with L3 and L2 cache memory as well as bank 7 of memory.

Im now opening a thread. 

0 Likes
reeeeelks
Journeyman III

Por que nao consigo criar um forum ??? Tenho duvidas , necessito de ajuda !!

0 Likes
atmosphere
Challenger

Have you tried using the "high performance" power profile. 

Looking at the logs i am wondering if your system is going in to standy/sleep/hibernate. 

Is your GFX driver up to date and/or soundcard?

Had a similair issue with out of date GFX drivers, video-decode didnt register and as such the system went into sleep, but couldnt because of an actieve video-decode and went to BSOD route.

0 Likes
seblg
Adept I

Hi exactly the same here with my 3950x which cost me 850euros clearly unhappy too. The issue can occur randomly for me. And when it restart i have the vga led on. All my drivers and bios are up to date. Temps are quite low (custom watercooling ) and my psu can handle it easily (hx1000i)  . It seems lot of ryzen owners have this issue

0 Likes
atmosphere
Challenger

I dont think the CPU is to blame, but hou could try and take or out of the equation.

First set clocks and voltages to stock, check of running later bios. Update bios and drivers for chipset, gfx and sound. 

TURN OFF hardware acceleration in browser and play YouTube video in the browser.

Second check temps in Windows while playing a YouTube video, if you have spikes in temp check cooler, and mounting. 

If it still fails and chashes, or shows temps higher than 90'C it might be CPU related or an mobo issue.

You have an 3950x .. what mobo are you using?

Hope you can try, and heart the results..

Thanks!

0 Likes
rafusky
Journeyman III

I have the same issue here. My CPU is a ryzen 3600X and when I'm playing, for example, cs go my system randomly crash and restart. Debug LED on CPU is turned on when this happens. I have the same log event (kernel power id:41) and my temps are low too. I think all ryzen cpu's need a driver update for this issue. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Hi, that is not the same issue as playing a game is a lot different from watching a video..

But still what motherboard do have?!? Are you using high performance profile in Windows energy management? And can you tell me what brand and rating your PSU is? What GFX card?

Are you running any components overclocked?

Event kernel:41 is actually just a message the system crashed..  

Try to run a prime95 or CPU stress test... that should proof the CPU beeing the issue or not. After the update GFX drivers.. mostly crashes while gaming are GFX drivers related or memory leak related... 

Let us know your results.. 

0 Likes

First thanks for your response, I know It isn't the same but I't is annoying and I thought that my issue will have the same solution that the asker has. My MOBO is: MSI MPG x570 Gaming PLUS. My energy profile is AMD Ryzen balanced. The graphic card is KFA2 2060 Super and the PSU LUX AeroCool 650W. I didn't overclocked any components and I try to solve this problem doing underclock on CPU at 3.1Ghz but It stills happening. I will run a few stress test on my CPU and I will send the results.

0 Likes

Great, it will at least tell if the CPU is able to get the power it needs.. and underclock, would require less power in addition so .. it should just run a stress test. 3 things could be an issue if it crashes: cpu, mobo or PSU. 

If stable, best bet is GFX driver.. try a bit older driver if possible..

Check with ryzen master for vSoC and vCore values, maybe bios issues .. quick Google finds a lot of posts for issues with lastest ASUS bioses for AM4...

0 Likes
atmosphere
Challenger

What bios version are you using?

I read some reports on the tomahawk using a bad vSoC voltage. In one example he set it to 1.1v and his issues were solved.

I'll post this link below.

0 Likes
seblg
Adept I

Hi, I solve my issue . I select Ryzen High performance power plan AND I uncheck " activate fast boot in windows " it seems solve the problem for me. No more crash and reboot ; I did 2 pass of OCCT one of 3 hours and a second of 4 hours and passed without errors. I have a Gigabyte Aorus Pro with the latest bios ( f20 ) and latest Amd drivers

Thank you for sharing, and good that its seems solved. 

Fastboot issues are mostly driver and or BIOS related. This system doesnt really boot or fully reinitialize. Nice catch, as i assumed you already turned it off.. 

Having said that, remeber to reboot .. not power off, actual reboot .. if the issue returns.. shutdown from Windows often just does a form of hibernate instead of an shutdown under Win10. 

Still enjoy your crash-free rig, and maybe try the balanced setting again, after you had a few stable days.. just to save some power, and to be able to pin-point fastboot as the root cause..

0 Likes