cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jaydeejoy
Elite

3700X - Low Clock Speeds

hi every1 firstble sorry for my english.
i got 3700 x asus tuf x 570 mobo and agesa 1404 lastes bios.2*8  3600 cl 18 corsair. windows 10 1903 and old updates.
when i turn pc on 3700x start with 0.553 mhz speed. . i just testing some programs working with lag. like ableton or games. than i go to AMD POwer settings. my settings always AMD High Permormance on. than i switched amd blance
than again amd high performence its fixing. all cores work 3.8 - 4.2 ghz. ıf i restart after this 3700x staring good performance but for example if pc offline 5-6 hours than start again i ve same issue. any1 help me?

0 Likes
2 Replies
biopticsilver6
Journeyman III

My 3700x did the same thing ".54GHz" and then shut off. This occurred twice before I could figure what was happening, which was the cpu was thermal throttling at ~100C. I swapped out my AIO cooler for the stock amd air cooler and my system will no longer post, let alone turn on by power switch or motherboard power button (motherboard lights would turn on by flipping the psu power switch but no fans, no other lights, no pump sounds, no hdds spinning up). "Cpu was never removed from the socket." I am currently testing for the cause but I believe that a faulty cooler burnt out my cpu but I have no feasible way to confirm that.

Edit: It was the motherboard (x570 Taichi), I had it tested at Microcenter. Cpu and cooler still work fine. I do not know why this happened though. 

0 Likes

my pc never been shut down. and never seen +70 degree . i m using stock cooler. and before buy i watched all mobos and tuf was best coolest mobo. last 2 days 3700x working normal. but 7-8 times pc starting low clock 0.53. i think its AMD driver problem. i updated windows 1909 and just1 times 3700x start 0.53.maybe amd power plan needs update. i dont know.

cpu1.JPG

0 Likes