Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

f0dafone
Journeyman III

3700X - Low Clock Speeds and Voltage and High Temps

Hi everyone.

My Ryzen 3700X it's having really high temps, i don't think that's normal at all.

If you check this small test i did you can see the cpu reaching a max temperature of almost 90ºC. 

I had some problems with the stock cooler since it was really noisy and AMD gave me a new one. The new one is still noisy, idk if that's normal or not.  

You can see here that the clocks and voltage are really low when im running cinebench20, probably because of high temperatures.

What should i do ?

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies

Looks normal to me, Tdie shows 79c avg and 89c max which is what you would usually get with a wraith cooler.

Other than that its kinda hard hard to tell since allot of factors can affect your over all CPU temp, Things like your Room Temp, Case Type/Size and Fan setup, what Bios version (AGESA) are you currently using and on what power plan.

0 Likes

What about the low clock speeds on full load ? When the cpu hits 100% on

all cores I don’t get more than 4ghz of speed... that’s not normal at all.

jamesx380fx <amd-external@jiveon.com> escreveu em seg, 30/09/2019 às 11:03 :

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: 3700X - Low Clock Speeds and Voltage and High Temps in Processors

0 Likes

That really depends on a couple of factors really, like what type of appllication your using and how many programs you have running in the backround, How hot your VRMs are running under load and on what board chipset your at.

For example, Most of the times my 3900x also doesn't always run at 4Ghz in CB R20 as well, but if i turn off all backround tasks and really strip down windows (not ideal) it easily runs 4Ghz or sometimes 4.1 during CBR20. And on other benchmarks like 7zip benchmark i can reach even higher All core clock speeds regardless of how many apps i have running in the back, and this is on the new ABBA bios (of which i dont know yet what version your using) using the new v1.9.27.1033 chipset driver and a modified Ryzen balanced Power plan for even lower idle temps.

Honestly the easiest way to test if your CPU is throtlling using that Stock cooler is to use another/better Cooler for testing, something like a 240 AIO or a Decent Tower Cooler which is something you should be using anyways for something like a 3700x.

Those stock coolers are decent if your on a 3600-3600x but anything higher than that and your gonna start seeing temps like what your having, Its why most 3700x and up user usually opt to buy a better cooler and just resell the wraith coolers (which is quite pricy unused btw) that came with their processors. Even the old Hyper 212 Evo can beat the wraith cooler when it comes to temps (also less noisy) and you can buy those really cheap.

0 Likes

Ok, thanks. I ordered a new Noctua cooler , let’s see how it works. I will

give you the feedback next week.

Thanks for your help.

jamesx380fx <amd-external@jiveon.com> escreveu em seg, 30/09/2019 às 17:17 :

Community <https://community.amd.com/?et=watches.email.thread>

Re: 3700X - Low Clock Speeds and Voltage and High Temps in Processors

0 Likes