cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Adept I
Adept I

Re: 3700x (I´m lost)

Good, it's been a few complicated weeks, I'll quickly write (Maybe later I'll be able to put screenshots):

To have 4.2 GHz and hold Cinebench r20 I have to raise voltages to over 1.32 V and I think it can be dangerous over time.

First stable test: 4,150 Ghz at 1,31875 V ( Score 4916)

Second stable test: 4.1 Ghz at 1.25 V (Score 4827)

I think the second test is the most desirable, but I will continue with my profile of 4.2 Ghz to 1.28 V to play (so far I had no problems)

Thank you all for the answers.

Greetings!

Adept III
Adept III

Im not an expert on overclocking, but far as I know anything below 1.35 is super safe for Ryzen 3xxx cpus. Once again, Im glad you tried what I wrote.

On my motherboard I can set 4125MHz , maybe you could make this work at 1.27~1.285v, and honestly, on  gaming scenarios, you shouldn't see more than 3 FPS to 5 FPS diference (which will be inside the error marging).

Don't hate me for this but....keep in mind that just beacuse you don't see problems in game for now, it does not mean that all your cores are able to hit 4,2GHz all the time in games (actually they are probably there, fixed on 4,2GHz, its just that theres no much electrical current passing through all of them while gaming), most of them aren't probably working at 100%, thats why game don't freeze on you, and Cinebench do.

Once games get more heavy on the CPU side of things, you may encounter problems and then you will probably need to raise voltage or lower frecuency a bit.

Cheers

Adept I
Adept I

"Ryzen 7 3700X chps are suppoed to be better binned than the lower price models"

Actually, since there is no Ryzen 7 3700 (non-X) the 3700X is the lowest priced 8-core and therefore gets the lowest binned 8-core chiplets. The very best ones are used to make Epyc. The worst ones go into the 3700X and slightly better ones go into the 3800X. Even better ones are needed for the 3950X, which is probably why it didn't launch in July.

Adept III
Adept III

Yes, but remember that 3600 or 3600X are basically 6 cores + 2 disable ons, so thats why I wrote that if they didn't made to 3700X, then 3700X is "supposed" to be better binned than 3600 or 3600X, not sure if I explaint it correctly.

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Hi! Sorry it took so long to get back to you. Don't worry, I don't hate you for it, as long as I don't get into trouble I have that philosophy.

Although I played Breakpoint beta at 4.1 Ghz 1.25V and it went quite well, there is hardly any difference with 4.2 . It's less voltage and I think the performance is very similar or even higher, I'll leave it there. For normal tasks I will continue to leave it in base frequency without the automatic boost.

Greetings!