cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

naman_4130
Adept I

Re: 3700X boost issues persist

I found that the priority of the cinebench process in the task manager was set to "Below normal" which I guess caused the issue since window was not dedicating enough resources to cinebench, I changed the priority to "high" and now am. scoring 4700pts on stock settings. This is pretty weird, I mean why is windows auto setting the priority to below normal? But I think I might have to report back with the information you asked for if I face any other issues. 

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

naman_4130, I am trying to help you get to max boost.  Lots of things are important, but the most is probably having the AMD AGESA boost correction.  Be sure you are running the latest BIOS and please do answer my questions.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

EDIT:My Cinebench R20 also has priority set to below normal.  This must be set by CB not W10.  I need to see RM when you are testing.

ghostryderflyby
Journeyman III

I was rock solid stable on F10c and had great performance. Now on F10 I'm still stable, but took a pretty large hit on performance. They changed something in the final F10, and not for the better. I can't believe I didn't back the BIOS up. I never don't back the BIOS up. Really kicking myself right now.

0 Likes
ghostryderflyby
Journeyman III

Well I rolled back to F6b, as that is the most recent other BIOS available on the Gigabyte x570 downloads page. It's not F10c level performance, but it is a dang site better than F10. With F10, I lost 109pts on 3DMark Time Spy (9657 with F10C but only 9548 with F10). With F6b, I'm back up to 9637.

Cinebench 20 dropped from 5003 on F10c BIOS, clear down to 4890 with F10 BIOS. With F6b, I'm back up to 4983. I also noted all but one core hit 1.5ghz in HWiNFO64 with F6b, and with F10 they were only hitting 1.45ghz.

I'm still really wishing I had backed up my F10c BIOS before flashing, but reverting to F6b did get me back most of what F10 wiped out.

Regardless what BIOS I have tried, enabling precision boost overdrive, or auto overclock, always results in less performance than default. Which indicates something isn't optimized correctly in the firmware, or what would be the point in putting the effort into programming those options, if all they do is hurt performance.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I expect to see several BIOS updates over time to correct these and other problems

I recommend using the most current BIOS which is generally less flakey than earlier ones

0 Likes
naman_4130
Adept I

Referring to your previous reply:

1. I have uninstalled all other OC and monitoring programs (I had Dragon Center installed)

2. It should noted that I havent cleared the CMOS since I have not been able to free up enough time to open my CPU and use the jumper mechanism on the mobo due to the fact that there isnt a button on my mobo for the same. I'll report soon when am done with this.

3. Am using AMD High Performance power plan and have tested with the AMD Balanced power plan as well though it hasn't helped me much

4. You can view my PSU's specs here B700H | Power Supply - GIGABYTE India 

5. Running Cinebench on single thread gives me a score of 492pts

6. There is no OC going on and even PBO is off.

Additionally I've post Screenshots of rysen master when CPU is idle.(sorry if there are way too many images)Annotation 2019-11-24 204810.pngAnnotation 2019-11-24 204904.png

AGESA.pngRM 1 Cinebench Multicore.pngRM2 Cinebench Multicore.png

0 Likes
naman_4130
Adept I

update: I'll be clearing the CMOS in a while but my results havent changed on cinebench (only changing the priority works but again I shouldnt have to do that in order to get a decent score)

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

I suggest reset the BIOS to optimal then enable UEFI so that windows will boot faster 

disable unused hardware is a good idea too

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

naman_4130, thanks for the screenshots.  I found  a discussion on Reddit including 1usmus and Robert Hallock suggesting installing the latest chip set drivers after installing the BIOS with the boost fix, so please go here and install the latest.  RM indicates you are being limited by PPT, TDC and EDC (all are red), so I recommend lifting all three.  In the last screenshot all readings are missing so please fix that so I can see them next time.  Please be sure you are running the latest available BIOS/AGESA versions.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
jigzaw
Elite

Hi Cheezeartz

Just got my 3700X yesterday and just put in place of my 1700X with P5.80 Bios and later with P6.00

Setup:

Asrock Pro4 B350

G.Skill RipJaws V F4-3000C14-16GVK x 2

OEM Wraith Cooler

Windows 10 Home 1909

Radeon Pro WX4100

AMD Chipset Software 1.11.11.454 latest November release

I was surprise that my all core boost was at around 3967 Mhz and single core at 4316-4356Mhz

I use KeyShot and I have attached the images and shows my system behavior

KS8R73700X.pngKS8R73700XCPHWMon.png

0 Likes