cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

SasaPC
Journeyman III

3700x 4 hour rendering.

Hey guys I'm pretty new to animation and rendering and I'm wondering if it would be safe to render my blender project overnight (4-6 hours).  CPU sits at 100% almost all the time. I'm just making sure that I won't fry my CPU and that all will be well, thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
ScotchFury
Challenger

As long as you're not running crazy OCs & don't disable or alter the CPU max thermal limit and similar settings it should be really hard to kill it from cooking the CPU. Even if the cooler somehow fell off the CPU the system should most likely just instantly power off.

If you're really worried about it running a little too warm you could always disable Precision boost etc. so it just runs at the base 3.6..? Even a stock cooler should keep temps low.

They self throttle under standard BIOS settings so it will just drop it's speed up and down to maintain it's max allowable running temp.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
qbtheslayer
Challenger

I mine on my 3700X 24/7...  I don't see it being a problem unless you have very bad cooling.

QB

0 Likes
ScotchFury
Challenger

As long as you're not running crazy OCs & don't disable or alter the CPU max thermal limit and similar settings it should be really hard to kill it from cooking the CPU. Even if the cooler somehow fell off the CPU the system should most likely just instantly power off.

If you're really worried about it running a little too warm you could always disable Precision boost etc. so it just runs at the base 3.6..? Even a stock cooler should keep temps low.

They self throttle under standard BIOS settings so it will just drop it's speed up and down to maintain it's max allowable running temp.