cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

3600x Preparing repair boot loop

Hi everyone, 

What happened before was that, in the middle of games, the computer would shut down, restart and do that Windows repair. At first I thought it was Windows, I formatted it and the same thing happened. Until he left that part, he no longer enters the desktop and is in this infinite loop of repair and restart, I can access the BIOS but I was unable to make changes. I found out that it was the R 5 3600x because I took it to the service and on all the machines I tested it the same thing happened, looping and automatic repair, changing the processor solved it. I would like to know the reason for this and if there is anything I can do.

Sorry my bad Google translafe english. 

Regards, Corso. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

I found the solution!! I just realize that VCORE was in 1.1000V. This is too low, I've set it up to 1.2V and the cpu is working fine. I never had this problem before with low VCORE, and I don't know why the MOBO set this 1.1V, it is something to explore and understand why and when this happens.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

If you purchased the 3600X from a Retailer and you got an Official AMD Retail Processor box sealed then you can either return the processor back to the Retailer if it is still within its Return Date or Warranty or

You can open a AMD Warranty which has a 3 year Warranty but starts after the Retailer/Vendor's Warranty or Return Date has expired.

If you purchased the processor within the last 3 years and have the official Retailer's Receipt then open a AMD Warranty ticket from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form

See if AMD says to RMA your processor to have it replaced.

I bought from Aliexpress() , so i think He don't has warranty....

0 Likes

Okay, it did come in a Official AMD Retail box correct? Not in a plastic Clam shell without a box.

I  see that Ali Express sells both OEM and Retail 3600x processors. Check to see which Part number your processor has. If it ends in "BOX" it is retail and covered by AMD Warranty if it doesn't end in "BOX" then it is a OEM Processor and not covered by AMD but through Ali Express:

Screenshot 2020-12-19 191921.png

If the part number for your 3600X 100-10000002BOX then it is an official Retail Processor and covered by AMD Warranty. You can open a AMD Warranty from the link I posted in my previous reply.

If you have an OEM Processor AMD Warranty Online Request won't work.

0 Likes

It is a OEM processor, i'm so sad :c

I'll try to open dispute in AliExpress, thanks a lot for your help and your time. 

0 Likes

Listen, Open a AMD Warranty request anyways, no harm in doing that,  and see if the Part number and model number that you input goes through with the Serial Number of the Processor.

Let them decide if you have a OEM processor. If the Serial number doesn't go thru then you have no choice but to go through Ali Express to have it replaced.

The Serial Number will validate if you have a Retail or OEM processor which is why I suggest you still open a AMD Warranty to have them check it.

Of Course Ali Express can tell you if they sold you a Retail or OEM processor.

I found the solution!! I just realize that VCORE was in 1.1000V. This is too low, I've set it up to 1.2V and the cpu is working fine. I never had this problem before with low VCORE, and I don't know why the MOBO set this 1.1V, it is something to explore and understand why and when this happens.