cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Jarett
Journeyman III

3200G Random BSOD/Restarts. Pulling my hair out!

3200g
MSI B450m Bazooka Max Wifi

Random restarts with Log = Kernel Power Event 41 (63)
Consistently Happens every 1-3 days.
Random causes, sometimes when idle.
Formatted drive and reinstalled windows
Replaced ram
replaced PSU
No xmp or overclock. Tried with xmp on and off
CPU is usually 45-50 degrees
Installed newest AMD drivers from AMD site and tried with drivers recommended on MSI site and it happens with both.
MB Bios is newest 1.5. Happens on 1.4 and previous beta as well.

Ive contacted MSI and AMD several times about this and no one seems to know why. Your forum has a lot of people experiencing this issue though if you search "event viewer kernel power".

Also if you go to this link about MSI BIOS update 3 posts down it talks about my issue. I dont know if I should do any of the things recommended in that post because my error is 41 (63), not 18 or 19.
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?...a-bios-update-bug-status.348919/#post-2013276

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
5 Replies
TVicars
Adept I

Check event viewer for the WHEA error around the same time. I have the same issue on a new 5600x

0 Likes

I cleared my system logs in event viewer the last time it happened because there was so many of them which might not have been smart lol. Do you know if clearing the system logs also clears the WHEA logs? Asking because I checked now and there are no WHEA logs. 

oh well, I will check WHEA logs and update here when it restarts again. Could take a few days to happen since its totally random and there no way to force it to happen. Ive ran AIDA64 and Prime95 for hours. Its passed memtest and HD surface scans. Its driving me CRAZY lol!!!

I just tried to plug the PC into a different surge protector because someone mentioned that is something to try but i'm not confident that will matter. 

0 Likes

I created a custom log after going through the troubleshooting rabbit hole..

Set it for event level: Critical, Error

Set "By Log" for event logs Security, System

If you want to just see the two errors set the event ID's to 18,41

It happened again and I dont see any WHEA log. Any ideas?

0 Likes

Oops. Hit reply again by accident...

0 Likes